Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday always has a popular closing dance act, but I can't see the other days having one. 

Justice is not popular enough to close Main Stage and Major Lazer makes more sense on Sunday (Barn closer) because of their tour schedule. My money would be on Netsky, unless another major dance act like Deadmau5 still pops up.

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

Thursday always has a popular closing dance act, but I can't see the other days having one. 

Justice is not popular enough to close Main Stage and Major Lazer makes more sense on Sunday (Barn closer) because of their tour schedule. My money would be on Netsky, unless another major dance act like Deadmau5 still pops up.

I think Justice is popular enough no ? They're doing a DJ set in 1 hour here in Brussels, there are so many people doing the line for a few hours already.

2 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

I think Justice is popular enough no ? They're doing a DJ set in 1 hour here in Brussels, there are so many people doing the line for a few hours already.

Werchter Main Stage is something else than the Fuse though. If I'm not mistaken Justice in 2012 was the lowest turnout ever for a closing dance act at Rock Werchter. With the Thursday already not following the typical "big sub - big headliner - popular dance act" routine this edition, I can't see them going for a rather "weak" dance act.

2 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Werchter Main Stage is something else than the Fuse though. If I'm not mistaken Justice in 2012 was the lowest turnout ever for a closing dance act at Rock Werchter. With the Thursday already not following the typical "big sub - big headliner - popular dance act" routine this edition, I can't see them going for a rather "weak" dance act.

Of course it's different but I think they're really popular here.

Of is the Thursday different this year ? You think we should expect the co-headline with KOL ? Even if I would hate that, it would still be a strong line up.

I dont see a reason to think they will stop the traditional of Thursday dance act. Usually that day ends around 2:00-2:30. If in a coheadliner structure each headliner will play 90 minutes instead of the 135-150 minutes they gave to the Thursday headliner in recent years, it will work just fine. Another option is to lessen the time between those acts, one hour is too much (for most acts). 

2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

How do you know Radiohead will be performing early?

I haven't seen one 2016 festival where they played a late-night spot (which starts past midnight), including earlier-than-expected sets in Primavera Sound and NOS Alive last summer. 

2 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Last time (in 2008) Radiohead played late between 11 pm -  1 am. 

Actually 11:30pm-1am. A lot can happen in nine years.

7 hours ago, Orens said:

I haven't seen one 2016 festival where they played a late-night spot (which starts past midnight), including earlier-than-expected sets in Primavera Sound and NOS Alive last summer. 

Actually 11:30pm-1am. A lot can happen in nine years.

1,5 hours for a 22-song set? Well, never mind, that was bleeding 8 years ago;)

8 hours ago, Orens said:

True, but at NOS they were still the last act on main stage, while the other two days closed a lot later. Don't know if the band had any demands about being closing act, but it was striking. Let's see what Werchter will make of it. 

10 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Maybe Oscar & The Wolf can take that slot closing Main Stage on thursday? Pukkelpop did the same for closing main stage this year changing the routine of an belgian electronic act of the last years (Netsky in 2015 and Goose in 2014)

He got a huge crowd closing Main Stage this year and he was really great.

Right then, potential announcement today. Who do we reckon?

After Foos, SOAD and Linkin Park, I'm hoping for some more of my teengage faves, maybe Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, all would be fun additions.

Although, I do wonder if we might have a dance act announced for diversity

2 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Right then, potential announcement today. Who do we reckon?

After Foos, SOAD and Linkin Park, I'm hoping for some more of my teengage faves, maybe Blink 182, Sum 41, Simple Plan, all would be fun additions.

Although, I do wonder if we might have a dance act announced for diversity

I'm ok with Blink-182 because unlike at many other European festivals they don't get a high slot at RW. Sum 41 would be nice too. But I must say that I have one guilty plesure and that's Twenty One Pilots. I'd really like to see them in the Barn on one of the days....

6 minutes ago, cristyflorin said:

Is it official? Didn't see any signs of upcoming announcements.

They usually don't warn about the announcements. People know there is this "4pm" tradition for a few years now. The usually make a break during the Christmas holiday but, we'll have the 4pm announcements until March more or less.

The FF announcement was on Tuesday because they had to announce at least 1 headliner per day before the tickets to go on sale to be sure day tickets will sale also.

KOL, Pixies and Blink-182 indeed. In the possible bands there are : Bastille, Die Antwoord, Justice, Passenger, Twenty One Pilots, Major Lazer, Seasick Steve, Warpaint, Fleet Foxes, Flume, Alt-J, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, The Kills, The Killers, James Blake. M83 ? Nothing announced yet but it would be a nice add.

I'd love Prophets of Rage but I wouldn't be surprised if they go to GMM instead.

2 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

KOL, Pixies and Blink-182 indeed. In the possible bands there are : Bastille, Die Antwoord, Justice, Passenger, Twenty One Pilots, Major Lazer, Seasick Steve, Warpaint, Fleet Foxes, Flume, Alt-J, Phoenix, Two Door Cinema Club, The Kills, The Killers, James Blake. M83 ? Nothing announced yet but it would be a nice add.

I'd love Prophets of Rage but I wouldn't be surprised if they go to GMM instead.

Would be more than happy whats in bold, Bjork is back touring. :wub: