Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thetime said:

It will be in the new year now won't it? 

God forbid!

5 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Someone on Festileaks claims we'll get a handful of mid- and small-sized names, including Blink 182, on Friday.

If they're right I'm starting to like these guys. Even if Blink 182 leaves me "meh" so far, some cool smaller bands would be nice.

1 minute ago, daz-riggers said:

Can someone tell me the difference between Hive and regular camping, aside from the late night dance stage in Hive? 

Cheers in advance \;0

In the hive you have some more confort. Try to check exactly on the website.

2 hours ago, daz-riggers said:

Can someone tell me the difference between Hive and regular camping, aside from the late night dance stage in Hive? 

Cheers in advance \;0

I've checked on RW website, I think they've mixed some packages between The hive/hive resort (for example the hive myspace that I think it's the my resort package of 2016).

Anyway The Hive/Hive resort last year was one in front of the other; the only big difference is that the resort had a fantastic chill area (an added value imo).

edit: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/the-hive

Edited by alan_ts

Biggest difference between the Hive/Hive Resort and other campings is that the first are exploited by festival organisation. You can read all about it and its facilities on the festival website. 

In the past all campings were privately exploited, mostly by local entrepreneurs and societies/clubs. Of those there are still a couple left, which each decide their own level of comfort and facilities (showers or not, night time activities or not etc.)

At the Hive (+ resort) you can use the festival tokens for drinks, food and showers. Other campings take cash. 

I can't comment on the other campsites but the Hive in 2015 was really good.  They filled it in lines so you didn't have to wander about looking for space.  Showers were a token system where you paid, got a number and watched the board for your number to come up.  I really liked it.

Had a tipi in Hive Resort this year.  On the face of it it's expensive but when you break it down per person for 5 nights I thought it was worth it.  The showers are free, the area was really spaced out so you had plenty of room.  The bar was good and selection of food pretty decent.  I've booked the resort again for 2017.

Plus, if you book Hive or Resort you get access to the entertainment in the Hive until 4am.  I'm way too old for that, but I hear it's decent enough. 

Edited by Red Day

31 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Kings of Leon and Pixies announced for Hyde Park July 6th. Pixies would be fantastic, still can't believe their clash with Pearl Jam in 2016..

Fatboy slim announced for Nova Rock two weeks before RW. Maybe he'll be a dance-act along with Major Lazer....? 

You mean 2014 ? :) Yeah that was a bummer for me as well ;/ I chose PJ of course and had a blast though :):) 

6 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Random question, but, the area where RW festival is, what's the most common language? 

as a Brit I hate going to another country and speaking just English, would like to try and learn the basics in their language, but apparently they speak French, German and Dutch depending on the area? lol 

Nearby Leuven is mainly Flemish/Dutch but most do speak English. 

In all honesty I've always found it is easier to speak English unless you know Flemish. 

My attempts usually fall flat. 

51 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Kings of Leon and Pixies announced for Hyde Park July 6th. Pixies would be fantastic, still can't believe their clash with Pearl Jam in 2016..

Fatboy slim announced for Nova Rock two weeks before RW. Maybe he'll be a dance-act along with Major Lazer....? 

I'm not so enthusiastic; This year Pixies were not good at Vieilles Charrues festival... It's a very special band, and I think you have to have already listened to and appropriate all the songs to enjoy the show... They didn't move the crowd at this concert, and did not make any effort to catch the audience. It's the opposite of Pearl Jam. I should see them again to change my opinion, with a consequent amount of time spent to listen to them before, but no one in my group enjoyed this gig at Vieilles Charrues, and at RW14 friends who were at Pixies told us "we did the bad choice". 

Nathaniel Rateliff plays at BST Hyde Park as well and I'd take them again :)

3 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I'm not so enthusiastic; This year Pixies were not good at Vieilles Charrues festival... It's a very special band, and I think you have to have already listened to and appropriate all the songs to enjoy the show... They didn't move the crowd at this concert, and did not make any effort to catch the audience. It's the opposite of Pearl Jam. I should see them again to change my opinion, with a consequent amount of time spent to listen to them before, but no one in my group enjoyed this gig at Vieilles Charrues, and at RW14 friends who were at Pixies told us "we did the bad choice". 

Nathaniel Rateliff plays at BST Hyde Park as well and I'd take them again :)

I've seen Pixies a few times and always amazing. I love that band, but I can understand that if you don't konw their music you don't really like their show.

35 minutes ago, heti said:

You mean 2014 ? :) Yeah that was a bummer for me as well ;/ I chose PJ of course and had a blast though :):) 

Yes, ofcource I ment 2014....I chose PJ also, was in the front and had Eddie come right up to me ;)  But I still think that clash was brutal as I love Pixies also.....

2 hours ago, idioteque87 said:

Random question, but, the area where RW festival is, what's the most common language? 

as a Brit I hate going to another country and speaking just English, would like to try and learn the basics in their language, but apparently they speak French, German and Dutch depending on the area? lol 

Most people there will probably speak Flemish/Dutch, another big part will speak French. Since you can't really know, just start a concersation in English, nearly everybody here understands English good enough to have a conversation :)

If you really want to talk some other language, first you have to recognise which language is their native one. I don't know if this is hard or not as someone from the UK... 

Conclusion: just talk English haha

1 hour ago, Gray Owl said:

Or start taking Dutch classes.. there's plenty of time to get something out of it. :))

+ 1 ! Or learn it at RW :) It's not really difficult to learn ! Every year I improve my skills ! Wil je een biertje ? Dank je wel ! 

Will the be any dance closers next year? I would not be surprised if KOL played before Arcade Fire on the thursday, so with 2 big bands would there be time for a dance closer? Same scenario for the system/LP evening. Its been announced Foo Fighters will be closing Sunday so perhaps that will only leave Radiohead night,

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

Will the be any dance closers next year? I would not be surprised if KOL played before Arcade Fire on the thursday, so with 2 big bands would there be time for a dance closer? Same scenario for the system/LP evening. Its been announced Foo Fighters will be closing Sunday so perhaps that will only leave Radiohead night,

Major Lazer might close Thursday following Arcade Fire's. ML closed 2014's Friday after Arctic Monkeys and have grown bigger ever since, will headline Saturday at Main Square (Werchter's satellite festival).

Radiohead are performing pretty early, so I guess Friday's also available. Two realistic options who are definitely available could be Netsky (the local boy) and Justice (a better fit IMO).

How do you know Radiohead will be performing early?

But yeah, I also expect one or two days with a dance act closing main stage. Major Lazer and Netsky being the most probable names at the moment. Last time Justice closed main wasn't very successful and they haven't really gained any popularity since, so if they would be booked, I'd put my money on a late Klub C slot.