Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Howdy all, two quick questions:

1. Are one of System or LP outright headliners or are they co-headlining?

2. Which festivals tend to share acts with RW and which festivals tend to be separate?

1. I would expect both to get 90 mins, maybe system 75 and linkin park 90, no major difference.

2. Anything from early June to mid/late July - usually they won't share big acts with the other big festivals in Belgium (Pukkelpop, Graspop, Rock Werchter Classic)

Anyone think QOTSA may play before foo fighters? A new album must be on the cards!

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Acts shared mainly with Northside, Southside, Best Kept Secret, Mainsquare.

+ Roskilde, Bravalla, InMusic Festival, NOS Alive, Down The Rabbit Hole, Pinkpop, Rock In Vienna, Vida Festival, Mad Cool Festival, Bilbao BBK... So every major festival between mid-june/mid july

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

+ Roskilde, Bravalla, InMusic Festival, NOS Alive, Down The Rabbit Hole, Pinkpop, Rock In Vienna, Vida Festival, Mad Cool Festival, Bilbao BBK... So every major festival between mid-june/mid july

Yeah you're right :) I remember that every year festileaks (I think) does a graph with the acts shared between RW and Pinkpop.

55 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

It's official, ticket's sorted, I'm starting the countdown! :party:

Anything on the announcement(s) for this week? KoL, a set of smaller bands... Pearl Jam maybe? :D

Nice one. If weather is fine it's a fantastic festival and really well organised 

16 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

How is the weather generally? Can it be a mixed bag? 

2015 roasting hot all weekend.

2016 - rained a lot prior to festival and Hive campsite and others were pretty sodden. They put tonnes of sand in the arena and extended the plastic flooring which made it a lot more bearable. 

To be honest the organisers did a fantastic job this year coping with the conditions. 

1 hour ago, Gray Owl said:

It's official, ticket's sorted, I'm starting the countdown! :party:

Anything on the announcement(s) for this week? KoL, a set of smaller bands... Pearl Jam maybe? :D

Unfortunately no :( Jeff Ament said two days ago that Pearl Jam wouldn't be touring in Europe at summer 2017... but they would work in studio for releasing a new album :)

37 minutes ago, Red Day said:

2015 roasting hot all weekend.

2016 - rained a lot prior to festival and Hive campsite and others were pretty sodden. They put tonnes of sand in the arena and extended the plastic flooring which made it a lot more bearable. 

To be honest the organisers did a fantastic job this year coping with the conditions. 

Yes, totally agreed; some people criticize the organization on the facebook page, but don't believe them @lightsnowpatrol  , they are just fools. Something like 5min only to enter in the area, sand, recycling operation allowing to drink beer for free (even if recycling becomes addictive)... For a major festival, the organization is fantastic as @Red Day says.

12 minutes ago, daz-riggers said:

Can anyone tell me if there are dance tents/stages after the final bands have played, or is that it for the music?

places like Leeds and Glasto have little stages dotted around the arena and campsites playing music well into the night, what's it like a RW?

cheers

If you go to The Hive campsite, you have a dance stage which closes around 4am or 5am every night including on wednesday evening (so before the festival starts) with not unknown names (for exemple, this year they booked Mumbai Science); for other campsites, I've only been to campsite A1 in 2014, where there was a little pub with dance music and it was a great place.

18 hours ago, Sparticus said:

1. I would expect both to get 90 mins, maybe system 75 and linkin park 90, no major difference.

2. Anything from early June to mid/late July - usually they won't share big acts with the other big festivals in Belgium (Pukkelpop, Graspop, Rock Werchter Classic)

Anyone think QOTSA may play before foo fighters? A new album must be on the cards!

Thanks!

On 21/11/2016 at 0:12 PM, Tremousse said:

Yes, totally agreed; some people criticize the organization on the facebook page, but don't believe them @lightsnowpatrol  , they are just fools. Something like 5min only to enter in the area, sand, recycling operation allowing to drink beer for free (even if recycling becomes addictive)... For a major festival, the organization is fantastic as @Red Day says.

If you go to The Hive campsite, you have a dance stage which closes around 4am or 5am every night including on wednesday evening (so before the festival starts) with not unknown names (for exemple, this year they booked Mumbai Science); for other campsites, I've only been to campsite A1 in 2014, where there was a little pub with dance music and it was a great place.

Thanks for replying :)

So there is stuff going on at every camp site after the bands have finished?

12 minutes ago, daz-riggers said:

Thanks for replying :)

So there is stuff going on at every camp site after the bands have finished?

There's an after party tent only in the hive camping (so you can enter only if you have the hive/hive resort wristband).