Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That all comes down to what you want though. Big and good are different. 

It's maybe not over :P Anyway, tickets booked for both Rock Werchter and NOS Alive; finally my failure at getting Glastonbury tickets could be a good thing...(or a fantastic thing if we get Pearl Jam). By the way, I can't remember if last year they started to give other names in January, or if they kept giving some names til early december, and started again in January/February. Does someone remember ? (Fleet Foxes, The Lumineers and Alt-J seem to be probable)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

It's maybe not over :P Anyway, tickets booked for both Rock Werchter and NOS Alive; finally my failure at getting Glastonbury tickets could be a good thing...(or a fantastic thing if we get Pearl Jam). By the way, I can't remember if last year they started to give other names in January, or if they kept giving some names til early december, and started again in January/February. Does someone remember ? (Fleet Foxes, The Lumineers and Alt-J seem to be probable)

Last year wasn't a regular year. Tickets went on sale on December 5th, with a package of names released a day earlier, instead of what we and Ten Club thought - Pearl Jam. They went on sale without any artists on Thursday, probably because they didnt have any idea who will headline. Next announcement was mid-January. Goulding & Sir Paul were announced in February.

I believe they will announce more names in the next week

Edited by e2p2

Got my ticket this morning.. has anyone ever gone before? It'll be my first Rock Werchter and I'm a bit confused about the different campings. I want to be comfortable and close to the festival. The Hive resort seems like a good option but you still need to get on a bus to get to the gigs.. might as well get an apartment in Leuven for the extra comfort. Any Hice resort experience? Is the entertainment zone kind of like an after party of any kind? Any info will be highly appreciated

21 minutes ago, pabsnesiac said:

Got my ticket this morning.. has anyone ever gone before? It'll be my first Rock Werchter and I'm a bit confused about the different campings. I want to be comfortable and close to the festival. The Hive resort seems like a good option but you still need to get on a bus to get to the gigs.. might as well get an apartment in Leuven for the extra comfort. Any Hice resort experience? Is the entertainment zone kind of like an after party of any kind? Any info will be highly appreciated

I've been in the hive resort with my own tent. It was perfect (also considering the terrible weather of last summer - I've seen the other campings and the ground condition were horrific).

There was a great chill area plus the other confort described on the website (free shower, clean toilets etc etc).

And it was 10/15 minutes walking to the festival area.

I really recommend this to everyone. :) 

29 minutes ago, pabsnesiac said:

Don't worry about The Hive, it's probably the best campsite during the festival. @alan_ts is right.

To go to the festival area, it's indeed more or less 10/15 minutes walking. It's about 20 to go back if you leave the festival after the last concert of each day. 

If you want some entertainment after the gigs, there is a party tent at The Hive so you can continue the party. The shows/toilets area is great. Shower isn't free (don't remember the price tho).

31 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Considering going after two years of going to Nos Alive , what's the best way to get there from uk?

I know people who have flown, driven (via ferry from Hull), gone by train and by coach. Depends on which part of the UK you are coming from and what your budget is. The train to the festival is free once your in Belgium so as long as you get to Brussels, it's all good.

Just now, h1210 said:

I know people who have flown, driven (via ferry from Hull), gone by train and by coach. Depends on which part of the UK you are coming from and what your budget is. The train to the festival is free once your in Belgium so as long as you get to Brussels, it's all good.

Thanks, I didn't know about the train being free in Belgium, reckon i can hold off buying til new year. Wanna know as many festival announcements before I decide .

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Considering going after two years of going to Nos Alive , what's the best way to get there from uk?

I would say avoid the coach...

It is okay going there, coming back after 5 days of camping and music will be your worst journey of your life. :blink:

These Ticketmaster options are kinda driving me crazy so if anyone can help I would be more than grateful cause  I don't wanna end up in who knows what forgotten corner of the camping.

So here's the case: if I select the "Package" with the options Festival ticket and Camping ticket I get a different price for the camping (27 Euro instead of 37 Euro) and, as I never did this before, I don't know if that's all or if I need to buy something extra for the camping. Logic tells me I shouldn't because it's a package, but then again I might not be functioning at the right parameters at present time. 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Gray Owl

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Well we were going to wait for a bit more of the line up to be releases, got a bit trigger happy and got combi tickets today.

MIght even manage to meet red day and gossard for a beer next year. :D 

It's a date :D I'll even bring a little Icelandic treat for you ;)

6 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

These Ticketmaster options are kinda driving me crazy so if anyone can help I would be more than grateful cause  I don't wanna end up in who knows what forgotten corner of the camping.

So here's the case: if I select the "Package" with the options Festival ticket and Camping ticket I get a different price for the camping (27 Euro instead of 37 Euro) and, as I never did this before, I don't know if that's all or if I need to buy something extra for the camping. Logic tells me I shouldn't because it's a package, but then again I might not be functioning at the right parameters at present time. 

Thank you in advance!

As I said last year I've been in The Hive Resort "My Resort Package".

We paid 55€ each for a reserved place.

Try to check on RW website, every different choice is written in detail. 

What kind of accomodation are you searching for?

1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

As I said last year I've been in The Hive Resort "My Resort Package".

We paid 55€ each for a reserved place.

Try to check on RW website, every different choice is written in detail. 

What kind of accomodation are you searching for?

Thanks, I'll do a re-check. I see that for the Resort they provide you with a tent, but that's not an option for me as I have my own tent so I'm just looking for a piece of grass. :)

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Well we were going to wait for a bit more of the line up to be releases, got a bit trigger happy and got combi tickets today.

MIght even manage to meet red day and gossard for a beer next year. :D 

Absolutely. Would be great to get a beer and yap

9 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Thanks, I'll do a re-check. I see that for the Resort they provide you with a tent, but that's not an option for me as I have my own tent so I'm just looking for a piece of grass. :)

Last year there was that "My resort package" that gave you a piece of grass so you had to bring your own tent. It depends from what you paid but I remember you can bought a space for 2,4,6 or 8 people (it means that you paid 55€ p/p, so the ground for 2 people was 110€ but obviously you can used that alone).

If you want tomorrow (now I haven't) I can send you a picture of last year. :) 

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Last year there was that "My resort package" that gave you a piece of grass so you had to bring your own tent. It depends from what you paid but I remember you can bought a space for 2,4,6 or 8 people (it means that you paid 55€ p/p, so the ground for 2 people was 110€ but obviously you can used that alone).

If you want tomorrow (now I haven't) I can send you a picture of last year. :) 

Ohh, it's more than I could wish for. Thanks!

About Pearl Jam... Here's what's on 10C forum, it seems to be strong...   "Bad news. Spoke to Jeff tonight at Easy St Records. I asked him about some European shows. He said "there is absolutely nothing show wise penciled in for next year". He said they will be going into the studio in the new year and that scheduling touring before that hasn't worked out well in the past. The only hope he gave was an "unless something pops up, not next year" statement. "