Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

2 minutes ago, nickybu said:

When do they announce more bands after today? I'm wondering if there are any more 'big' bands left (first time goer)

If nothing else announced today I'd guess next Friday at same time. Occasionally a headliner is announced through the week but unless the Thursday has another or co headliner , probably be Friday afternoons. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

That is truly one of the best top billings i've seen in a few years at any festival. Don't get paid till Dec 7th, the fear of a sell out before then is on.

I'd say you normally needn't worry if you buy in December. 

What I'm wondering is what more will they book for the Thursday. It's traditionally the hardest day to sell out and I don't think AF as the main headliner will accomplish that. 

Just now, visdave34 said:

I'd say you normally needn't worry if you buy in December. 

What I'm wondering is what more will they book for the Thursday. It's traditionally the hardest day to sell out and I don't think AF as the main headliner will accomplish that. 

KOL it is then (or possibly a big dance act)

7 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Happy happy joy joy! :yahoo:

They should be headliners.

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Difficult to see how any other festival can come close. Really is a stunning set for a single year

To hear sayings etc, the favourite festival of festival buddies this year was mainly NOS Alive, which had Radiohead + Arcade Fire... And they'll probably win the festival award... .... HELLO I AM ROCK WERCHTER and I book Arcade Fire, Radiohead but also Foo Fighters, and even Linkin Park. Oh you want System of a Down ? Ok. What's next ?

Just with 5 names, they have destroyed RW16's lineup. Now everything seems to be "bonus" for me cause I think I'll have at least a blast every night of the festival. 

14 minutes ago, nickybu said:

When do they announce more bands after today? I'm wondering if there are any more 'big' bands left (first time goer)

Last year they announced some names, then ticket sale started but after that it was silent until January! Batches of names will start dropping in 2017, including most of the subheadliners and stuff. But since AF isn't really announced as a headliner, maybe we will get the other big name for thursday sooner than 2017 (I hope so...)

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

To hear sayings etc, the favourite festival of festival buddies this year was mainly NOS Alive, which had Radiohead + Arcade Fire... And they'll probably win the festival award... .... HELLO I AM ROCK WERCHTER and I book Arcade Fire, Radiohead but also Foo Fighters, and even Linkin Park. Oh you want System of a Down ? Ok. What's next ?

Just with 5 names, they have destroyed RW16's lineup. Now everything seems to be "bonus" for me cause I think I'll have at least a blast every night of the festival. 

They destroyed this years line up when they announced Radiohead. For me , Radiohead alone are better than the entire line up of RW16. Im possibly a bit biased on the Radiohead front though

9 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

That is truly one of the best top billings i've seen in a few years at any festival. Don't get paid till Dec 7th, the fear of a sell out before then is on.

Don't worry, I can confirm to you that there can and is worse than Dec 7th.

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Don't know about their popularity in Belgium but AF are a big band in UK. They headlined Glastonbury few years back and totally nailed it. 

Don't get me wrong, they are quite popular, but not as massive as the headliners RW needed to sell out previous Thursdays, such as McCartney, Metallica, Foo Fighters (sadly cancelled), Green Day (subbed by The National and with Belgium's no. 1 EDM star Netsky after).

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Don't get me wrong, they are quite popular, but not as massive as the headliners RW needed to sell out previous Thursdays, such as McCartney, Metallica, Foo Fighters (sadly cancelled), Green Day (subbed by The National and with Belgium's no. 1 EDM star Netsky after).

Don't think the Thursday this year sold out with PM. See what you mean about difficulties selling first day out. I'd still think combis will sell well 

2 minutes ago, nickybu said:

When do you reckon camping tickets and combi will sell out? My friends and I want to go but most won't be able to book before January. Is it too risky?

I think RW will post something if tickets are close to selling out. If I remember correctly they did that for RW15. Someone else on here might confirm that.

1 hour ago, nickybu said:

Depends what you mean by 'big'. I imagine there will be at least a couple of bands that are play arenas in the UK but aren't quite that big on the continent - the likes of Kasabian and Biffy Clyro, for example - further down the bill. I'd guess that's it for 'headliners', excluding the closing acts like Major Lazer etc. 

Im so happy with Arcade Fire! I was really afraid that they'll announce Bieber or KoL today so that's a big relief, although KoL are still a good shout for Thursday. From the pool of headliners that were announced so far this summer, RW has all of those I wanted to see (RH, Foo's & AF).

Now, lets hope for a nice companion to have along Arcade Fire and more importantly, a great undercard! 

20 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Im so happy with Arcade Fire! I was really afraid that they'll announce Bieber or KoL today so that's a big relief, although KoL are still a good shout for Thursday. From the pool of headliners that were announced so far this summer, RW has all of those I wanted to see (RH, Foo's & AF).

Now, lets hope for a nice companion to have along Arcade Fire and more importantly, a great undercard! 

Amen !! Here's hoping for some good rocky stuff on undercard

Thanks for the input buddy - although you've given me second thoughts now! hahaha

One more thing: are there any stages/areas playing music late into the night? Leeds, Glasto and Sziget all had dance tents/mini stages open until the eary hours, but some festivals shut the music down after the last band play the main stage. What's the deal with this one?

regards