Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Watched 2 interviews with them yesterday. Canal+ and live stream thing. Forgot in which one he said that but he was specific, after those announced gigs so far it's USA and Canada and then Europe late in the year.

Cheers for clearing that up. Getting a lot of mixed signals at the moment...

19 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Cheers for clearing that up. Getting a lot of mixed signals at the moment...

Zegut's latest claims are backing up what Metallica said as well. First European shows next Fall ("Bercy - 27 September 2017") and coming back for the festivals in 2018 ("Stade de France - June or July 2018").

I'm putting money on Major Lazer closing the Barn on Sunday.

Yes, they're a really popular act, but: 1) they play Croatia on Friday and Main Square on Sunday, so practically Sunday makes more sense; 2) the past 3 editions the Barn was closed by a dance act rather than a band; 3) Foo Fighters finally coming is huge in Belgium, so dangerous situations avoided because the majority will be at the Main Stage.

Hello everyone - I'm thinking of attending next year's Rock Werchter, but I've just a couple of questions....

Firstly, being British I'm curious about the policy on alcohol - is there any sort of limit on the amount you can take onto the camp site and are they strict or quite liberal at enforcing any limits? Also, what are the prices like for bottles of spirits at the local supermarkets?

Secondly, what is the atmosphere like at the festival/on the camp site? Being British, I do quite like the wilder festivals, but I read somewhere that Rock Werchter is quite reserved and that has put me off a little....

Any help/advice will be much appreciated :)

peace

2 minutes ago, daz-riggers said:

Hello everyone - I'm thinking of attending next year's Rock Werchter, but I've just a couple of questions....

Firstly, being British I'm curious about the policy on alcohol - is there any sort of limit on the amount you can take onto the camp site and are they strict or quite liberal at enforcing any limits? Also, what are the prices like for bottles of spirits at the local supermarkets?

Secondly, what is the atmosphere like at the festival/on the camp site? Being British, I do quite like the wilder festivals, but I read somewhere that Rock Werchter is quite reserved and that has put me off a little....

peace

No loud people wanted.....only older people how enjoy the occasional pint and a good book :P  ....just kidding :P

Edited by Gossard

27 minutes ago, daz-riggers said:

peace

Alcohol limits are pretty standard.. if you are carting loads in, you may get stopped. If you have a lot of a crates etc, just do it in multiple journeys to save hassle. Prices I think are slightly above UK, especially now the pound has dropped through it's arse.

Atmosphere has varied quite a lot whilst I've been there... you can always find pockets of people in the campsites at 6am drinking wine and having a laugh (me included) but there have been a couple of years where our neighbours got really shirty about the noise we were making after 3am.

The crowds in the arena can also vary and it can be quite confusing to English goers due to popular bands in the UK not having the fanbase in mainland Europe. Good example was me and my friends EASILY got to the second row for Biffy Clyro in '14 and the crowd was fairly tame when compared to other festivals.

That said, you will find everyone there wanting a good time, hardly any idiots trying to ruin people's day. A huge percentage of the Dutch / Belgian / French contingent speak English too and are super friendly towards tea drinking, EU traitors.

So a quick couple of questions once again,

I think we've decided to not do NOS this year but to do this festival mainly for Radiohead. 

Plus looking at the line up for Rock Werchter last year and comparing it to NOS Alive last year, bar the headliners, Rock Werchter looked like a much more solid festival! Loads of acts I'd like to have seen.

Has anyone stayed in the Lodge Cabins on the Hive Campsite? If so, how were they?

16 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I have a question about hive camping, is it a stones throw walk away from the arena? I'm a very much in/out person at festivals and don't want to be trekking back and forth constantly.

The regular one is about 15 minutes away from the festival area but it depends of course where your tent is. I know they have now the Hive vip/resort but I dont know where it is, maybe its closer. 

9 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

How likely is it that Arcade Fire will play this festival judging by their current European movements? 

You'll probably get your answer today. If they're on Thursday then RW will announce them at 4pm. It's very unlikely that they will sub Foo's or RH though its possible. I think those acts will sell their day easily.