Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Thinking about doing this festival,  what's the general feeling about hotels close to the festival?  Feel like I'm a bit too old and haggard to camp. 

There are lots of hotels and hostels in Leuven (free shuttles back and forth are available all the time). 

What if all these Rock announcement were made to cover for an outrageous Thursday headliner like,  god forbid,  Bieber??? 

Hotel close to the festival will be difficult... If you don't mind booking one a few miles from the festival and rent a bicycle, you'll probably still find one. Otherwise, camping it is. Checking out the more luxurious camping options might also work for you (if you have some extra quids to spend...): http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/camping-the-hive-resort

Edit: ah, totally forgot about the Leuven shuttle! Will do just fine as well.

Latest rumours contain Metallica and Arcade Fire by the way... Let's see what we'll get tomorrow...

Edited by visdave34

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Latest rumours contain Metallica and Arcade Fire by the way... Let's see what we'll get tomorrow...

I think Metallica is a long shot.. But one can dream as I'm also still dreaming for PJ no matter how unrealistic it is.

47 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

The guy who leaked the whole of Radiohead's festival tour (weeks before announcement) just said Green Day isn't playing RW.

Hope it's not KOL. Green Day would have been decent but guy seems to be in the know

50 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

The guy who leaked the whole of Radiohead's festival tour (weeks before announcement) just said Green Day isn't playing RW.

Pinkpop and RW are sharing at least one headliner, usually more. If its not Green day and its surely not Radiohead, Foo's or Arcade Fire, it has to be either Linkin Park or the Thursday headliner. If LP aren't playing both then who's left? KoL? Bieber? 

Lets just hope that LP are playing both

Edited by e2p2

24 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Pinkpop and RW are sharing at least one headliner, usually more. If its not Green day and its surely not Radiohead, Foo's or Arcade Fire, it has to be either Linkin Park or the Thursday headliner. If LP aren't playing both then who's left? KoL? Bieber? 

Lets just hope that LP are playing both

Theyre sharing soad. 

I hope its arcade fire for the thirsday

Or there is still a major name to pop up in the festival scene. Not an unrealistic scenario, it's hard to imagine that all the headliners for June/early July would be known by mid-November.

We'll know more tomorrow. If they don't announce a headliner sized act for the Thursday before tickets go on sale, it's safe to say that the headliner is yet to announce first tour dates.

41 minutes ago, thetime said:

Even if it is KOL, You can not be to greedy after the heavy weight headliners werchter have already take.

Would take KOL over Pearl Jam though..

Will get my coat now. :blink:

So you can spend one night in the Barn & KluB C,  right? You got the Linkin Park night for that ;)

44 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Or there is still a major name to pop up in the festival scene. Not an unrealistic scenario, it's hard to imagine that all the headliners for June/early July would be known by mid-November.

We'll know more tomorrow. If they don't announce a headliner sized act for the Thursday before tickets go on sale, it's safe to say that the headliner is yet to announce first tour dates.

Guns and Roses? :P 

56 minutes ago, thetime said:

Even if it is KOL, You can not be to greedy after the heavy weight headliners werchter have already take.

Would take KOL over Pearl Jam though..

Will get my coat now. :blink:

I'll send you a few coats.  Choose one and leave :lol: