Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be due some info on presale though. Patiently waiting for my email . Think you might be correct about Friday as initial pic had a ticket link. That said, my hope was for separate Foos announcement prior to presale and maybe 5 other bands on Friday before main sale. Think we all know foos are Sunday headliners so why not just confirm it.

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Must be due some info on presale though. Patiently waiting for my email . Think you might be correct about Friday as initial pic had a ticket link. That said, my hope was for separate Foos announcement prior to presale and maybe 5 other bands on Friday before main sale. Think we all know foos are Sunday headliners so why not just confirm it.

Agreed, it's all very daft

19 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Is this one of the best set of headliners in the history of Rock Werchter? (asuming we'll have either Green Day or KoL/AF combo on Thursday). 2010 was maybe a little better with Pearl Jam, Muse, Green Day and Rammstein.....

Assuming Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire on Thursday..  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Is this one of the best set of headliners in the history of Rock Werchter? (asuming we'll have either Green Day or KoL/AF combo on Thursday). 2010 was maybe a little better with Pearl Jam, Muse, Green Day and Rammstein.....

I know but you need to calculate the size of the band at the time. Lets say if they rebook this option on Thursday there will be no doubt about "best headliners year" award;)

Wont happen though.. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

I know but you need to calculate the size of the band at the time. Lets say if they rebook this option on Thursday there will be no doubt about "best headliners year" award;)

Wont happen though.. 

Let's just live with the "what if" until further notice. Things are really starting to shape up. I wonder who they'll announce on Friday... maybe a set of smaller bands or the headliner for Thursday?

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Hopefully the lineup won't suffer due to the heavy hitters as headliners.

Is it that heavy so far? I mean it doesnt seems to be far off from 2015 right now (Foo's & Muse,  with Prodigy/Lenny)  or 2014 with full shows of Pearl Jam and Metallica and of course the 2013's edition that had 6-7 headliners. 

I worry for the undercard too but my worries are about the additional cost of the security which RW will probably have,  yet the price remained the same as last year. 

8 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Is it that heavy so far? I mean it doesnt seems to be far off from 2015 right now (Foo's & Muse,  with Prodigy/Lenny)  or 2014 with full shows of Pearl Jam and Metallica and of course the 2013's edition that had 6-7 headliners. 

I worry for the undercard too but my worries are about the additional cost of the security which RW will probably have,  yet the price remained the same as last year. 

Foos + Muse is probably as expensive as Foos + Radiohead, and then there's the LP/SOAD combination + another headliner still to come (and the Thursday one is always a big one). So definitely going to be the most expensive headliner set in a while. But they've proven in the past (2009, 2013) that they can easily combine strong headliner sets with a strong undercard. The quality is more depending on what acts are available, which is still unclear at this stage.

Would there be an extra cost though? This year's measures seemed sufficient, can't see them taking more expensive ones.

18 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Would there be an extra cost though? This year's measures seemed sufficient, can't see them taking more expensive ones.

I don't know about internal, political stuff.. Last year was pretty much an emergency situation which may cause the government/municipality to fund/help funding the security measures that were added. Next year the security will be no different but the situation is already given, question is who funds it. Again, I know nothing about it so it may be utter Bullsh**..

45 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

1. are we likely to see them announce the final headliner  this early in the game?

2. do we have any indication of other announcements and any thoughts on the dance acts?

They don't necessarily have to announce the final headliner but its 99% they'll announce someone pretty high who plays on Thursday. If they already book Thursday headliner, I dont see a reason why not to announce them, especially if it's Arcade Fire (because Best Kept Secret goes on sale the same day and they have AF+Radiohead with only 25k capacity, which may draw people to RW). 

Major Lazer are a good shout for Thursday dance-act who might even be in this week's Friday announcement.

9 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

Alt-J, Belle & Sebastian, Wolf Alice and Machinedrum confirmed for Mad Coll, the week after Werchter. I suppose Alt-J will headline Barn.

KOL their 3rd headliner. Hope they stay clear of RW on the Thursday