Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hope not!

More likely Green Day I'd say. Said for a while that I can see them sticking around and headlining R&L, Sziget and Pukkelpop.

American bands tend not to stay the whole summer! I'd rather Green Day than RHCP so hopefully you are right!

No headline sized bands announced anything for august yet so we're really in the unknown for Pukkelpop/Sziget.

Hopefully Werchter has Kings of Leon but not Arcade Fire too.

14 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

American bands tend not to stay the whole summer! I'd rather Green Day than RHCP so hopefully you are right!

No headline sized bands announced anything for august yet so we're really in the unknown for Pukkelpop/Sziget.

Hopefully Werchter has Kings of Leon but not Arcade Fire too.

R&L I think is the key in this one. They've had an American headliner for the last 6 years at least. Metallica played a couple of years ago and a lot of the options have already been taken by other UK festivals. Wont be the Chili Peppers as they were there last year. 

I can see it being GD or a return for Eminem wouldn't surprise me either.

16 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Why?

I'd love to see AF at Sziget so if they do Werchter they surely won't stay in Europe for 2 months; if they can do Pukkelpop that'd be nice.

But really, I think AF will do Werchter.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

R&L I think is the key in this one. They've had an American headliner for the last 6 years at least. Metallica played a couple of years ago and a lot of the options have already been taken by other UK festivals. Wont be the Chili Peppers as they were there last year. 

I can see it being GD or a return for Eminem wouldn't surprise me either.

The american band could be The Killers! 

3 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I'd love to see AF at Sziget so if they do Werchter they surely won't stay in Europe for 2 months; if they can do Pukkelpop that'd be nice.

But really, I think AF will do Werchter.

The american band could be The Killers! 

Yep, could be them as well...and hopefully the Strokes can't be ruled out either

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

No announcement today? Maybe Foos posted the wrong picture yesterday? It was supposed to be Denmark and Belgium on Thursday for an weekly Friday announcment?

It already says that they're playing Sunday on FF's webpage:)

Edited by ParanoidTourist

2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

No announcement today? Maybe Foos posted the wrong picture yesterday? It was supposed to be Denmark and Belgium on Thursday for an weekly Friday announcment?

Don't think so.. probably they're just waiting until Friday for the suspense and all. :P 

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I'm certain that there was bound to be an announcement at the beginning of the week. First of all because both Thursday and Sunday still needed a name (and they never drop 2 headliners in the same announcement), but also because they need to announce the presale info for 2016 ticket holders, which usually starts on the Wednesday before the regular sale.

5 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

At 4pm Werchter appeared again on the tourpage from FF so there was definitely an announcement planned. Different media also confirmed around that time but no official announcement yet. Probably some miscommunication happened but I really expect an announcement today!

Weird things are happening... I also checked the page a few times today and nothing came up.. but maybe i just missed it..

15 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Where on their website can you see the dates? I can only see the stamps in the passport....

I tried from my mobile and got this. Dunno if it works on PC also as I clicked the passport and nothing happened. Mist be a bug or something.

Anyway no RW so far.

Screenshot_20161114-183252.png

Edited by Gray Owl

1 minute ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Yes, I also see its gone now from the page. Guess they must have removed it at some point after 4 pm.

I checked about 340 (uk time) and it was gone.  Think we can safely say they're Sunday night headliners. And that makes me very happy !

The line-up is already fantastic. Yesterday, 13th November, was a very special day...And I choosed to go to a concert. THE CAT EMPIRE. I had discovered them at Rock Werchter 2015, where they gave an incredible gig. Last night was even more incredible, unforgettable. They have become something... It was a transcontinental party with goosebumps, jumpings, voices lost... I hope they will be back in the Barn soon. Their new album is awesome on stage.