Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

47 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Is the fact that tickets aren't on sale for a while anything to do with new Metallica album release coinciding ? Despite Lara and co claiming nothing in Europe till Fall...

They always let the ticket sale start when about 4-5 names have been announced, so they can also sell day tickets as well. There have been years where ticket sale only started months after the first announcement, so we shouldn't be looking too much behind the date. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

I'm hoping so and Pinkpop, making their cancelled appearances more likely to be re-bookings

Pinkpop have already said they're not playing there. I imagine Werchter are going to benefit from being the weekend after Glastonbury, as opposed to three weeks before 

1 minute ago, SilverLining said:

can anyone let me know how much tickets are for RW? after going to Pukkelpop last year and loving the atmosphere of the people (which i imagine is pretty similar?) then i'll be looking to hit up both next year with this line-up so far.

I think I read its around 220 euros but could be wrong 

35 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

can anyone let me know how much tickets are for RW? after going to Pukkelpop last year and loving the atmosphere of the people (which i imagine is pretty similar?) then i'll be looking to hit up both next year with this line-up so far.

€ 240,95 - That was the cost of a single combi with booking fees etc for this year.  I'd guess around 250 euro next Saturday inc fees

44 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

From my experience, the atmosphere was very different. Might have been because of the years that I went (only once to each) but PP was a much younger crowd than RW. Werchter seems to consistently have arguably the best lineup in Europe (certainly in terms of big acts), but a lot of people go to *listen* to the bands rather than go mental. The year that I went to RW, The Mars Volta (I think) had a bit of a strop on stage due to the lack of visible interaction from the crowd in terms of singing/dancing etc.

I think that RW must not miss the chance of having Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters this year regardless of if there will/wont be in a coheadliner structure. Of course I know nothing about budgets and other stuff to consider but it will be so refreshimg to have all 4 headliners that didnt play there in recent years  (Linkin Park's 6 years will be the least of those four). That's so unlike RW, that I fear KoL and GD will be booked instead of FF an AF.. 

18 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I think that RW must not miss the chance of having Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters this year regardless of if there will/wont be in a coheadliner structure. Of course I know nothing about budgets and other stuff to consider but it will be so refreshimg to have all 4 headliners that didnt play there in recent years  (Linkin Park's 6 years will be the least of those four). That's so unlike RW, that I fear KoL and GD will be booked instead of FF an AF.. 

I honestly can't see Foo Fighters not being booked... And any festival programmer knows that NOS Alive got a huge success this year thanks to Arcade Fire + Radiohead. (Best Kept Secret has understood it) So it will be a master punch to book both Arcade Fire and Radiohead in the same festival, and a genius trick to book them on the same day, which would let Green Day headline on Thursday...And Foo Fighters on Sunday. I would say BRAVO.

At NOS this year Arcade Fire and Radiohead played different days and it was a huge success. So I really think that if they also get Arcade Fire they will surely have them in a different day than Radiohead. Just sayin'.. they are someone.. the IoW exclusive speaks for itself.

2 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Ideally for me things would like a little like

Foos,  Royal Blood, 

The Xx Radiohead 

Blink, System, Linkin Park 

King's of Leon, Arcade Fire 

I bet you're close to the truth... This year, my main concern are not headliners cause it's already good, but the less big bands. I hope RW will take its chance to get finally Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, and My Morning Jacket are on fire these days...as well as Reignwolf... Need these two ones to be back

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

I bet you're close to the truth... This year, my main concern are not headliners cause it's already good, but the less big bands. I hope RW will take its chance to get finally Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, and My Morning Jacket are on fire these days...as well as Reignwolf... Need these two ones to be back

Yeah man got tickets to see Frank in Leeds would love to see him booked. Think he was announced for hurricane so he hopefully will make the trip! 

10 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

And it can get even better with Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters. I'm just being greedy now, I know, but one can wish (upon a star).

Just now, Gossard said:

And if no Pearl Jam, as we must admit is very likely, we have to have Temple of the Dog!!! :D 

Are there still any good reason to believe in PJ ? I mean, I don't go on PJ fans forums so I really have no idea if they're gonna tour or not. I would be the best line up in years with PJ, Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Prophets of Rage, The National, QOTSA,...

I assume Seasick Steve will be back too.