Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

We'll continue to dream about Pearl Jam,  Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire but we'll get Linkin Park, KoL, Green Day and one of those we dream about. if we're lucky enough Editors will show up too. :P

I'd be amazed if we didn't get Foo Fighters. If they're in Europe and don't make it up to RW for the cancellation 2 years ago it would be very bizarre. If we could get Radiohead, Foo Fighters / KoL, SOAD/LP and Green Day / Arcade Fire I would be a happy chap

3 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

We'll continue to dream about Pearl Jam,  Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire but we'll get Linkin Park, KoL, Green Day and one of those we dream about. if we're lucky enough Editors will show up too. :P

There are now two headline slots to take. Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters look really probable. I don't really see Arcade Fire subbing Radiohead, they are too big for that.. So I'm afraid Pearl Jam won't come; anyway it will be a strong line-up. There is another thing; Major Lazer (announced at Main Square) is a pretty sure party act. Do you think that RW is powerful enough to put in THE SAME NIGHT :

Arcade Fire-Foo Fighters- Major Lazer 

Arcade Fire- Pearl Jam

Arcade Fire - Radiohead

Arcade Fire - Radiohead - Major Lazer 

?

Just now, Tremousse said:

Nope; they have a possibility on Thursday(only). I'd add : do you think RW are strong enough to book Arcade Fire-Green Day in the same night ?

I want to say yes, but unless they've magiced up some money from somewhere I think it's unlikely. That would be unbelievable though!

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I want to say yes, but unless they've magiced up some money from somewhere I think it's unlikely. That would be unbelievable though!

I wonder if Green Day are too pop-rock for Graspop. I'd say yes, it could imply a cohead slot for them in Werchter with Arcade Fire... 

It's pretty clear that all these bands we've been talking about, we won't get them all. Green Day, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon and even the National. As we already have one co-headlining night, I'm gessing the other three will be just one headliner. Foo Fighters and Green Day is still my guess.....

36 minutes ago, Gossard said:

It's pretty clear that all these bands we've been talking about, we won't get them all. Green Day, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon and even the National. As we already have one co-headlining night, I'm gessing the other three will be just one headliner. Foo Fighters and Green Day is still my guess.....

In 2012 there were 2 co-headlining nights. Friday : KOL and Blur and Sunday : Depeche Mode and Editors.

Could be something similar this year. The National is a sub headliner, Arcade Fire could co-headline with Radiohead or KOL (I still hope we won't get them). The others two headliners could be Foo Fighters and Green Day. I think Pearl Jam is out.

My guess would be the following. Even if it's not all my piece of cake, this would be an impressive poster for any major festival worldwide.

Thu: Bastille - Green Day - Major Lazer

Fri: The XX - Radiohead

Sat: SOAD - Linkin Park

Sun: Arcade Fire - Foo Fighters

I don't they'll miss out on Arcade Fire again after doing it in 2014 and getting a lot of disappointed reactions for it (and same for Roskilde). There is still the issue of KoL, but supposedly they underwhelmed in terms of ticket sales the last few times that they played, so I could see RW skipping out on KoL in favour of hot and more original coheadliners (Arcade Fire, SOAD, The XX). Wouldn't even be surprised if they do TW Classic instead, as that festival aims at a family audience with 'easy listening' acts.

5 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

My guess would be the following. Even if it's not all my piece of cake, this would be an impressive poster for any major festival worldwide.

Thu: Bastille - Green Day - Major Lazer

Fri: The XX - Radiohead

Sat: SOAD - Linkin Park

Sun: Arcade Fire - Foo Fighters

I don't they'll miss out on Arcade Fire again after doing it in 2014 and getting a lot of disappointed reactions for it (and same for Roskilde). There is still the issue of KoL, but supposedly they underwhelmed in terms of ticket sales the last few times that they played, so I could see RW skipping out on KoL in favour of hot and more original coheadliners (Arcade Fire, SOAD, The XX). Wouldn't even be surprised if they do TW Classic instead, as that festival aims at a family audience with 'easy listening' acts.

Also, they didn't book them this year as replacement for PJ "maybe" because they were already booked for 2017? (Arcade Fire).

4 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Also, they didn't book them this year as replacement for PJ "maybe" because they were already booked for 2017? (Arcade Fire).

The same theory as Radiohead indeed: consistently refusing all but a few festivals in 2016, but also sealing deals for 2017 with a new record in their back catalogue.

Think I might do mad cool this year instead. It'll probably share 75% of the line up just with less pop acts. Last year at werchter was amazing even with an average line up, just fancy a change. Now if one has pearl jam then that's where I'm going.... 

Booked an apartment in Madrid and also a hotel in leuven with free cancellation before I decide 

8 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Think I might do mad cool this year instead. It'll probably share 75% of the line up just with less pop acts. Last year at werchter was amazing even with an average line up, just fancy a change. Now if one has pearl jam then that's where I'm going.... 

Booked an apartment in Madrid and also a hotel in leuven with free cancellation before I decide 

I like your style! Hahaha! I'm contemplating doing both, Mad Cool with my girlfriend and Werchter with my mates. Mad Cool certainly has a lot going for it and after last year's Belgian swamp, Madrid could be a refreshing change!