Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

17 hours ago, Red Day said:

Are Depeche Mode completely out of the running ?  There's a few days off in the tour that could fit a RW appearance in ?

I think they are out. Some bands do an european indoor tour 1 or 2 months before the festivals (I've seen Rodrigo y Gabriela or The National in may and june and they were at RW a few weeks later) but, that's something pretty rare for a headliner.

RHCP will be at Benicassim mid July so, even if I don't think they won't be at Werchter, they are not out of the picture yet.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

So,  considering RW doesnt announce a surprising act that didnt surface yet,  tomorrow probably will be one of Green Day / SOAD / Linkin Park? Did I miss anyone? 

I think so too ! Even maybe two of them. (add Prophets of Rage to this shortlist)

@eratiti007 Rock Werchter always have at least two BIG headliners. Green Day are maybe not enough big to enter in this category. Radiohead are. A set of headliners organised like : Green Day / SOAD, Kings of Leon / Linkin Park, Radiohead, ... ,  let a place for another big headliner on the missing day in my opinion. The National / Pearl Jam (or U2 or etc) still fits in my opinion. Daft Punk would enter in this category as well, with Arcade Fire just before for exemple . It's still too early to draw any conclusions, rumours about Pearl Jam, Daft Punk etc are too blurry...  And Graspop has not announced anything yet, they could take Linkin Park.

42 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

Major Lazer is headlining the saturday at Main Square. This is one of our dance act for sure. Or Barn headliner.

Netsky? Justice? They're a) to big for in the barn b ) other bands would fit better as barn headliner for sure, choice enough

1 hour ago, raccamme said:

any thoughts on today announcement?

looks like : major lazer for the dance closing act  on thursday 

soad/ linkin park  for saturday

and green day  for sunday 

That would do it for me. still expecting kings of Leon to show up somewhere though. we need at least one act to get annoyed about ;)

2 hours ago, raccamme said:

any thoughts on today announcement?

looks like : major lazer for the dance closing act  on thursday 

soad/ linkin park  for saturday

and green day  for sunday 

36 minutes ago, McCallion said:

That would do it for me. still expecting kings of Leon to show up somewhere though. we need at least one act to get annoyed about ;)

What do you mean, he has Linkin Park in there :P;)