Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

To name a few non-headlining acts I'd like to see: Bush, Twenty one Pilots, Biffy Clyro, Kaleo, The Killers, Chase & Status, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (or Grinderman), Kasabian, Queens of the Stone Age, Tenacious D....and Temple of the Dog if Pearl Jam are not playing!

55 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Give me Biffy Clyro, Killers, Slaves, Tenacious D, Royal Republic, Tallest Man On Earth, Courtney Barrett, Kasabian, Sum 41, Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World and I'd be a happy man. Maybe a little unrealistic though 

6 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I'd like Nick Cave, Placebo and er.. Rolling Stones.

If we get this this and this, wow wow wow !!!! My "official" wishlist is Pearl Jam, Frank Turner and Airbourne; but I'd like The National, My Morning Jacket, Gogol Bordello, The War On Drugs, Houndmouth, Reignwolf, Jamie T, The Gaslight Anthem... I've never seen the Rolling Stones and Arcade Fire so I wish them too as headliners. 

Concerning Temple of The Dog, I think I've read an interview by Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden) or another member of Soundgarden or Pearl Jam saying that after the American tour of TOTD, Pearl Jam had plans which prevented TOTD from touring in Europe in 2017...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

If we get this this and this, wow wow wow !!!! My "official" wishlist is Pearl Jam, Frank Turner and Airbourne; but I'd like The National, My Morning Jacket, Gogol Bordello, The War On Drugs, Houndmouth, Reignwolf, Jamie T, The Gaslight Anthem... I've never seen the Rolling Stones and Arcade Fire so I wish them too as headliners. 

Concerning Temple of The Dog, I think I've read an interview by Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden) or another member of Soundgarden or Pearl Jam saying that after the American tour of TOTD, Pearl Jam had plans which prevented TOTD from touring in Europe in 2017...

I forgot about Arcade Fire and Pearl Jam. Obviously I want them as well! Both AF and Radiohead were awesome at Nos Alive last year=)

I'd have at least two or three of PJ, Radiohead, Metallica, Depeche Mode, Green Day as headliners.

Other acts - Placebo, Frank Turner, Alter Bridge, Counting Crows, Black Stone Cherry, Frank Carter, Bjork, Faithless, Ash, Cage the Elephant, Biffy Clyro, Body Count and without a doubt The National.

Maybe being greedy with all those ones but some would be nice.

41 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Metallica won't tour Europe during summer. They said a few shows in Denmark and then autumn for Europe :(

You never know with Metallica.  The way the press release read it wasn't a definite no but suggested Copenhagen was the only scheduled show so far.  I know it's unlikely but I'll keep fingers crossed

Guns n Roses 'rough' itinerary for 2017 so far, apparently....

No UK dates, more likely a festival will announce them first and no Belgian date.

Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park - July 2017
Bracelona, Spain - Estadio Olimpic - July 2017
Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion - July 2017
Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam Arena - July 2017
Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Veltins Arena - July 2017
Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion - July 2017
Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion - July 2017
Stockholm, Sweden - Friends Arena - July 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark - Telia Parken - July 2017

Edited by DiscothequeDave

25 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Guns n Roses 'rough' itinerary for 2017 so far, apparently....

No UK dates, more likely a festival will announce them first and no Belgian date.

Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park - July 2017
Bracelona, Spain - Estadio Olimpic - July 2017
Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion - July 2017
Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam Arena - July 2017
Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Veltins Arena - July 2017
Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion - July 2017
Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion - July 2017
Stockholm, Sweden - Friends Arena - July 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark - Telia Parken - July 2017

The only actual festival that I think will get them is IOW. Guns, TSR....there was a touted smaller set....it would need to be. I think lucky is correct that Download don't have them and R&L won't.

Werchter Boutique or Classic.

Edited by thewayiam

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Nova Rock have confirmed 4 headliners as Green Day, SOAD, Linkin Park and Blink 182. 14 year old me would be very excited about that!

Both new adittion are possible. Linkin Park headline in 2011 and Blink played third down in 2012. Im not excited at all.. 

Hurricane/Southside 's annoucement this morning is awesome, I hope RW will take some names from it, especially Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls and Flogging Molly.

" Also Freunde, dann wollen wir mal nachlegen, was? Green Day hatten wir ja schon, FRISCH reingekommen sind Linkin Park, CASPER und blink-182!
Weiterhin haben wir eine Menge Künstler für Euch, die aufgrund der hohen Luftfeuchtigkeit letztes Jahr nicht auftreten konnten. Begrüßt mit uns nochmal FRITZ KALKBRENNER, Flogging Molly, Editors, Frank Turner &The Sleeping Souls, Jennifer Rostock, BOY, Die Orsons, Haftbefehl,Maximo Park Official, JORIS, GLORIA, Erik Cohen sowie Boys Noize,Digitalism, Gestört aber GeiL und rampue auf der White Stage. "

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Hurricane/Southside 's annoucement this morning is awesome, I hope RW will take some names from it, especially Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls and Flogging Molly.

" Also Freunde, dann wollen wir mal nachlegen, was? Green Day hatten wir ja schon, FRISCH reingekommen sind Linkin Park, CASPER und blink-182!
Weiterhin haben wir eine Menge Künstler für Euch, die aufgrund der hohen Luftfeuchtigkeit letztes Jahr nicht auftreten konnten. Begrüßt mit uns nochmal FRITZ KALKBRENNER, Flogging Molly, Editors, Frank Turner &The Sleeping Souls, Jennifer Rostock, BOY, Die Orsons, Haftbefehl,Maximo Park Official, JORIS, GLORIA, Erik Cohen sowie Boys Noize,Digitalism, Gestört aber GeiL und rampue auf der White Stage. "

And I thought RW is the festival that make the most repeats.. Its seems like Hu/So win the title this year. 

It cant be Editors again,  right??? 

1 hour ago, branvan said:

because of the cancellation this year, they tried to get many bands from this year's line up. very happy about Editors playing next edition.

Right! I forgot about that. Now I remember your post after the cancellation.  Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, the announcement looked very familiar.. 

I love Editors very much btw, I just dont like that RW tends to repeat headliners back-to-back. 

Someone on Download forum saying Main Square announcing something tonight.  That's normally same weekend as RW and they share a large portion of the bill.  Be interesting to see what gets announced.

Their twitter feed say new ad at 1800hrs

Edited by Red Day
Read twitter