Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Yeah sorry, I meant last year, when Pearl Jam pulled out before being announced and Paul McCartney eventually replaced them. A lot of people where surprised that they didn't just book Radiohead, as they were around that weekend.

I'm afraid that we indeed can't escape Kings Of Leon. I'd personally put my money on the acts that McCallion just mentioned + 1 (co)headliner extra, since I can't see any of KoL/Arcade Fire/SOAD headline a day on their own.

Something like Radiohead - Green Day - SOAD/Arcade Fire - The National/KoL?

Yeah, I could see that. Green Day and SOAD would be a top paring (I remember Leeds a few years ago with GD / SOAD/ Deftones. It's also missing some stupid pop act which seems likely. I could see Radiohead, Green Day/SOAD, Arcade Fire/The National KoL/Somebody Stupid (Ellie Goulding, Macklemore type act etc.)

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Doubts about radiohead? Announced for northside in Denmark. You would of thought if they were to do werchter they would also do roskilde.

We can't interpret it as a bad sign cause Northside acts are not ruled out of RW (last year Northside shared Iggy Pop, Jake Bugg or Unknown Mortal Orchestra with RW, and not with Roskilde (Roskilde and Northside don't share acts)). It's not a good sign too because we already know that Radiohead will play some festivals, and Northside happen on the third week-end of june (while glasto is the 4th week-end), so they can easily do Denmark on 17th, England on 23rd (or 25th i don't remember) and Belgium on 2th July. In a nutshell, no clue.

PS : Still hoping for Pearl Jam after Jan Smeets interview.

Edit : this year Northside is 9th-11th June

Edited by Tremousse

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

We can't interpret it as a bad sign cause Northside acts are not ruled out of RW (last year Northside shared Iggy Pop, Jake Bugg or Unknown Mortal Orchestra with RW, and not with Roskilde (Roskilde and Northside don't share acts)). It's not a good sign too because we already know that Radiohead will play some festivals, and Northside happen on the third week-end of june (while glasto is the 4th week-end), so they can easily do Denmark on 17th, England on 23rd (or 25th i don't remember) and Belgium on 2th July. In a nutshell, no clue.

PS : Still hoping for Pearl Jam after Jan Smeets interview.

What was said in interview?

Just now, Red Day said:

What was said in interview?

That Pearl Jam didn't come to Pinkpop, that's all. But there's a rumour emerged on this forum saying that Pearl Jam won't play outdoor shows in countries under the terrorist threat. For the moment, I don't really know what to think about it but I'm hoping for at least one European festival such as Mad Cool or RW.

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Ok thanks. PJ and Radiohead on same line up would certainly make RW a goer for me. Dross like KOL and Flo 15 and 16 and I'm elsewhere

A band I'd like to see at RW next year if we don't get PJ would be My Morning Jacket, they're bigger and bigger... How big are they now in Belgium ? Highlight of a day (I mean great act, not headliner nor sub), subheadliner or between sub and highlight ?

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Doubts about radiohead? Announced for northside in Denmark. You would of thought if they were to do werchter they would also do roskilde.

It actually makes Werchter more of a certainty.

Someone on a Dutch forum claimed last week that he obtained a list with all the European festivals Radiohead would do, including Northside and Werchter. People thought it was fake because they considered Radiohead a 100% certainty for Roskilde. But today proved him credible...

Full list: Northside, Best Kept Secret, Glasto, Open'er, Werchter and Main Square.

15 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

It actually makes Werchter more of a certainty.

Someone on a Dutch forum claimed last week that he obtained a list with all the European festivals Radiohead would do, including Northside and Werchter. People thought it was fake because they considered Radiohead a 100% certainty for Roskilde. But today proved him credible...

Full list: Northside, Best Kept Secret, Glasto, Open'er, Werchter and Main Square.

I hope that proves to be correct 

Even though I personally don't really like Radiohead (I love their earlier stuff though...) I have no complaints about them coming as it's a big band that hasin't been around a lot for the last few years (played RW last time in 2008) an they appeal to a lot of people.

I must say though I'm more concerned about System of a Down and Pearl  Jam :) 

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

Even though I personally don't really like Radiohead (I love their earlier stuff though...) I have no complaints about them coming as it's a big band that hasin't been around a lot for the last few years (played RW last time in 2008) an they appeal to a lot of people.

I must say though I'm more concerned about System of a Down and Pearl  Jam :) 

I guess many of us like the older Radiohead better, but the new stuff is also good, you just have to listen to it more. :) Pearl Jam would be amazing and SOAD (whom I just started to listen to again and remembered how much I love) would be a dream come true. And festival drams and wishes do come rue... it's tested. :P

18 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

I guess many of us like the older Radiohead better, but the new stuff is also good, you just have to listen to it more. :) Pearl Jam would be amazing and SOAD (whom I just started to listen to again and remembered how much I love) would be a dream come true. And festival drams and wishes do come rue... it's tested. :P

Totally agree. If both Radiohead and Soad are announced I'll defenitely go to Werchter this year. Also, as was pointed out previously, those are bands that do not show up at Werchter too often.

Getting out of the Radiohead & headliners discussion for a bit what other bands would you like to see this year? I guess Florence+The machine are maybe ruled out as they have been there for the last 2 editions from what I see. Maybe Chvrches, Paolo Nutini, Ben Howard, The xx?

9 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

Getting out of the Radiohead & headliners discussion for a bit what other bands would you like to see this year? I guess Florence+The machine are maybe ruled out as they have been there for the last 2 editions from what I see. Maybe Chvrches, Paolo Nutini, Ben Howard, The xx?

To name a few non-headlining acts I'd like to see: Bush, Twenty one Pilots, Biffy Clyro, Kaleo, The Killers, Chase & Status, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (or Grinderman), Kasabian, Queens of the Stone Age, Tenacious D....and Temple of the Dog if Pearl Jam are not playing!