Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, McCallion said:

Any thoughts on Gorillaz? How big are they in Belgium? Headliners? 

I must admit that the only song I know by Gorillaz is Clint Eastwood, and that's quite cool song. I have no idea if they are big or not in Belgium but I would like to see them as that would be something new for me :) 

19 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I failed so hard on Glastonbury today,  I feel like the only thing that can cheer me up is Pearl Jam announcement for RW and I need that ASAP

Mate I exactly feel the same. Pearl Jam fan too + failed at Glasto tickets. My friends are the same. We're waiting for the Pearl Jam announcement and thinking to go to Mad Cool Festival or Bilbao BBK after Rock Werchter, depending on if one of these two has PJ in the line-up, even if they are not die-hard fans of Pearl Jam as me, but they know I am, and they are OK to follow me where Pearl Jam will play, but NOS Alive could be too expensive for some of us on this week-end. That's why Mad Cool or Bilbao would be perfect. Hope to see Frank Turner and MOST OF ALL(....we will not grow up...), please NO PEARL JAM AT GLASTONBURY OR I'LL BECOME MAD AS FUCK

Usually there's a few weeks gap between this wishlist thing and the first announcement,  though the primary suspects for being announced first are Green Day and Depeche Mode.

In the meantime... There's just pain. Lets hope for PJ news soon. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Usually there's a few weeks gap between this wishlist thing and the first announcement,  though the primary suspects for being announced first are Green Day and Depeche Mode.

In the meantime... There's just pain. Lets hope for PJ news soon. 

Agreed . 

21 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Something like Radiohead - Green Day - Pearl Jam - KoL coheadlining with Arcade Fire or The National sounds like the safest guess at this point.

I'm sure most would bite your hand of for those headliners, I'm sure werchter organisers would.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Depeche Mode are announcing a mid-May Belgian arena show on Wednesday, so they can be written off as well.

Something like Radiohead - Green Day - Pearl Jam - KoL coheadlining with Arcade Fire or The National sounds like the safest guess at this point.

It would be fantastic

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Depeche Mode are announcing a mid-May Belgian arena show on Wednesday, so they can be written off as well.

What about Daft Punk? Could they be a dance act on one of the days? ....or Gorillaz?

IF Daft Punk tours, I think they will play Pukkelpop. Except when they play Glasto, then RW is possible. 

Also I expect Gorillaz would rather play pkp than RW because they will be able to headline there (too small for headliner RW) 

Really excited for the first announcements, should be one of the coming weeks! 

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Although it seems realistic and possible (and excellent for me with RH, PJ and AF or TN), we cant ignore that there is a pattern (or at least kind of) in recent years of going with the likes of Goulding / Mackelmore / Pharrel  with big slots which is a shame. Giving 90 minutes to EG and Mackelmore last year (although Macklemore played 75 minutes eventually) says a lot of the direction this festival is going to. 

Thursday: ...Queens of the Stone Age - Pearl Jam - Chase & Status
Friday: ...The Killers - Radiohead - 2ManyDJs
Saturday: ...Biffy Clyro - Green Day - Gorillaz
Sunday: ...Arcade Fire - Kings of Leon - Daft Punk

Realistic? I'm not sure, but I know I could drink a lot of beer with that lineup :P 

Edited by Gossard

43 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Thursday: ...Queens of the Stone Age - Pearl Jam - Chase & Status
Friday: ...The Killers - Radiohead - 2ManyDJs
Saturday: ...Biffy Clyro - Green Day - Gorillaz
Sunday: ...Arcade Fire - Kings of Leon - Daft Punk

Realistic? I'm not sure, but I know I could drink a lot of beer with that lineup :P 

I think you already drank a lot of beer, my dear friend ;) 

1 hour ago, ThijsDB said:

IF Daft Punk tours, I think they will play Pukkelpop. Except when they play Glasto, then RW is possible. 

Also I expect Gorillaz would rather play pkp than RW because they will be able to headline there (too small for headliner RW) 

Really excited for the first announcements, should be one of the coming weeks! 

Puckelpop won't afford DP