Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The Sunday isn't exactly my taste but I'd be sold with that lineup.

The Sunday is gash, but the rest would be perfect.  Think someone is putting on a fantasy line up tho.

Hey folks. Hope you had a great fest this year. My hopes for next year - Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire / Radiohead, Green Day. 

Out of interest, how big are/were MCR in Belgium.  If this comeback tour goes ahead, where would they likely place on the bill? Headliner, sub, lower down? 

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Hey folks. Hope you had a great fest this year. My hopes for next year - Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire / Radiohead, Green Day. 

Out of interest, how big are/were MCR in Belgium.  If this comeback tour goes ahead, where would they likely place on the bill? Headliner, sub, lower down? 

rock-werchter-2011.jpg

3 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

They were second on main stage below triggerfinger, white lies etc. 

As they should be! Haha. Would be good to see them on a day with Green Day, 30STM, Fall Out Boy, Blink maybe but I've never got their headline appeal in the UK 

On 23-7-2016 at 0:31 PM, lightning1000 said:

So that poster shows how big they were 2 years before they split up. How big are they now in Belgium? 

Probably even smaller. They've never been a big name around here in the first place, barely grabbing any media attention or radio airplay. The best they've ever done in Belgium was playing third on Main Stage at Werchter and Pukkelpop (cancelled in the end). If they return a headline spot at Groezrock or a late afternoon spot at Pukkelpop would make more sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Pukkelpop: loads of bands, all genres. There won't be any moment you'll be bored because of things like Petit Bazar, Salon Fou,... Lots of young people. Some people just go to have fun, not really for the music.

Werchter: You only go to watch artists, only 3 stages and not a lot to do beside watching bands. When you don't want to watch any bands, you just chill around. More adults, more relaxed vibe.

Both festivals are really well organised but personally I prefer RW because most of the time I like their line-up more but that's just my opinion of course. If you have to choose between the two festivals, just compare the line-up and remember: PKP = fun, partying and action packed days; RW = relaxed and artists are the main focus

40 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

Pukkelpop: loads of bands, all genres. There won't be any moment you'll be bored because of things like Petit Bazar, Salon Fou,... Lots of young people. Some people just go to have fun, not really for the music.

Werchter: You only go to watch artists, only 3 stages and not a lot to do beside watching bands. When you don't want to watch any bands, you just chill around. More adults, more relaxed vibe.

Both festivals are really well organised but personally I prefer RW because most of the time I like their line-up more but that's just my opinion of course. If you have to choose between the two festivals, just compare the line-up and remember: PKP = fun, partying and action packed days; RW = relaxed and artists are the main focus

Cheers...Yeah noticed pukkelpop was pretty young...being 26 felt out of place at times ha. But i agree there was lots to do and lots to see hard to squeeze it in. Also I liked the fact that PKP goes on till 4am

Will wait for the lineups anyway and go from there!

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Green DAY European tour Feb 2016. Reckon this lends itself to European festivals in the summer or the opposite 

I would love it ! Considering the fact that I'll surely be at Glastonbury then Rock Werchter, I wish headliners could be Pearl Jam, Green Day, Arcade Fire + a 4th one (U2 ? I've been to the main festival in France called Les Vieilles Charrues, and the rumour says U2 will headline the festival next year. It happens the week-end of the 15th July -- but I feel the Kings Of Leon will be back at RW in 2017, with their new album. I'd love a cohead structure with The National for exemple). Anyway many headline-sized band tour next year, hope RW will do the best choices (Metallica ? Rolling Stones ? GnR should be too expensive)

PS : Bring Airbourne.

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

I would love it ! Considering the fact that I'll surely be at Glastonbury then Rock Werchter, I wish headliners could be Pearl Jam, Green Day, Arcade Fire + a 4th one (U2 ? I've been to the main festival in France called Les Vieilles Charrues, and the rumour says U2 will headline the festival next year. It happens the week-end of the 15th July -- but I feel the Kings Of Leon will be back at RW in 2017, with their new album. I'd love a cohead structure with The National for exemple). Anyway many headline-sized band tour next year, hope RW will do the best choices (Metallica ? Rolling Stones ? GnR should be too expensive)

PS : Bring Airbourne.

I think it all depends on which route Rock Werchter want to take. As you say, loads of amazing headline bands touring so no excuse for weak bookings. After 2016's edition, I could see them trying to transition into something poppier (I certainly hope not). Green Day, Metallica, Arcade Fire and a KOL, National joint sitch would be pretty good and pretty realistic. Chuck in The Strokes, Biffy, 30 Seconds To Mars and a few others and it's perfect.

25 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I think it all depends on which route Rock Werchter want to take. As you say, loads of amazing headline bands touring so no excuse for weak bookings. After 2016's edition, I could see them trying to transition into something poppier (I certainly hope not). Green Day, Metallica, Arcade Fire and a KOL, National joint sitch would be pretty good and pretty realistic. Chuck in The Strokes, Biffy, 30 Seconds To Mars and a few others and it's perfect.

Didn't it sell at it's worst for a while after a poor lineup this year though?

KOL and Green Day maybe not as I think both did same year before.