How many drinks to take to a festival?

Josh198

I'm 17, and I'm going to a festival for the first time this summer. I'm going with around 8/9 other friends, and will be staying from the tuesday until sunday. I'm thinking about taking a suitcase and a small backpack. Is it wise to fill around half suitcase with drinks and the rest with clothing? And also how many drinks do you all usually take with you??

i was thinking about cans of lager, how much?

thanks

41 minutes ago, Josh198 said:

I'm 17, and I'm going to a festival for the first time this summer. I'm going with around 8/9 other friends, and will be staying from the tuesday until sunday. I'm thinking about taking a suitcase and a small backpack. Is it wise to fill around half suitcase with drinks and the rest with clothing? And also how many drinks do you all usually take with you??

i was thinking about cans of lager, how much?

thanks

Bring as much as you can physically carry. But don't bring it in a suitcase unless you intend to use a trolley as well to get your stuff to the campsite. Suitcases really are the wrong form of transporting things across a festival site - unless the campsite is near the parking area, in which case you might have a fighting chance.

I normally bring copious amounts of drink.

Cans of lager - if that's your drink then yes, why not?

Wishing you all the best for your first festival.

Caveat - Don't bring loads of drink if you easily end up being a spanner on the stuff.

Hey Josh.

Good advice from YOAS there.

I'd take as many as you're comfortable carrying, and ignore russycarps, because as everyone who's ever been to a festival will know, you can't take glass bottles in with you.  Anyway,they stopped making babycham in 1947, and re-labelled it nitromors.

Enjoy your festival.

Edited by brandycoke

As yoghurt and brandycoke say (although babycham could be decanted into pop bottles, then adding the maraschino cherries...) my only suggestion from the 'do as I say, not as I do' school of thought, is don't start drinking too early in the day and that helps avoiding the getting spannered bit.