Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul ™

Bearded Theory Festival 2017

164 posts in this topic

Decided on this to celebrate my 50th next year. Went along for the first time last year and loved it (PiL were incredible). Music is right up my street and it's just round the corner from me. Used to follow NMA around on tour in my late teens and also saw the Alarm a couple times too. Dreadzone I've seen more recently and thoroughly enjoyed and am already looking forward to Skunk Anansie. Add in Sugar hill gang and Selector and I'm fully sold on the lineup.

Tickets bought.

For me the standout in the announcement is Slaves. Don't let the Radio 1 badge put you off, they are loud, aggressive, funny and have great energy live, especially for a 2 piece. They also have some utterly cracking tunes. They're very sweary, don't know if they'll be asked to censor themselves at a 'Family' festival :D

Ive only ever seen them in small venues, so really looking forward to them. Followed by Skunk Anansie. What a way to start BT 2017!

Im so stoked for Skunk Anansie, I have been asking for them for a while and here we are ! Thanks  BT. 

So in that vein ... can we have Amy MacDonald and Inelda May please. 

On 26/10/2016 at 9:18 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

"Big florida export" for Bearded apparently. I'm guessing Lenny Kravitz. 

What with them playing Slam Dunk on the same weekend, I would have thought LTJ look pretty likely for the Floridian thingy. 

47 minutes ago, hoils said:

What with them playing Slam Dunk on the same weekend, I would have thought LTJ look pretty likely for the Floridian thingy. 

LTJ ruled out by the organisers today

6 hours ago, hoils said:

I thought the Florida thing was sugarhill gang. Such a shame about LTJ, was gutted when I saw that slam dunk line up. For me LTJ would be perfect for BT

Ah well, maybe next time......hopefully

What's an LTJ?

Less Than Jake 

Surely the Don Letts confirmation means that Big Audio Dynamite are a cert? Half the members are there already. 

On 27/11/2016 at 10:55 AM, Paul ™ said:

Less Than Jake 

Ta.

Meanwhile . ...

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Ta.

Meanwhile . ...

Great stuff, much deserved.

9 hours ago, Perks said:

Great stuff, much deserved.

Great news!

Im so very excited about this one yet again.  Cant wait for the next announcement!  Its gonna be a good un, I can feel it in my water!

54 minutes ago, maninkilt said:

Do we know when the next announcement is going to be ?

This side of Christmas.  Gonna be a good one me thinks :)

On 28/11/2016 at 10:24 PM, Gnomicide said:

Ta.

Meanwhile . ...

Amazing to think what it all started out as. Has the BT School helped in winning the award? and do you think that others will follow suit? Favourite festival of the year for me, beats all the others hands down

top marks to BT's press guy who managed to send our a PR saying BT had won a completely different award :lol:

On 11/28/2016 at 6:40 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Surely the Don Letts confirmation means that Big Audio Dynamite are a cert? Half the members are there already. 

This had crossed my mind too, but I'm not sure how it could work as they are all there the Thursday night - not sure they'd all be hanging about all weekend....

On 11/30/2016 at 10:28 PM, OG said:

Amazing to think what it all started out as. Has the BT School helped in winning the award? and do you think that others will follow suit? Favourite festival of the year for me, beats all the others hands down

I agree 

Bearded is the one nailed on early bird every year - all others are now lineup dependent...

On 11/30/2016 at 10:28 PM, OG said:

I hope so :)

But there is loads of other kids and family stuff going on as well - the whole kids and teens areas are great!

Ticket purchased today :D

Will definitely be catching Banco De Gaia on Friday night.

Hi all,

Magical Sounds Dance Tent lineup announced.

Friday - We are very proud and excited to welcome the MEGADOG soundsystem into the Magical Sounds for a 15 hour takeover ending in a rare live show by legend CJ Bolland

Saturday afternoon [12 - 6] we welcome the Madhatter freeparty soundsystem who will bring an afternoon of reggae, dance hall, jundle and breaks with Serial Killaz and MC Felon finishing this session off..

Saturday eve [6pm - 3am] is a psychedelic affair with Zetan Spore, YOUTH, GAUDI, Ed Tangent and SYSTEM 7..

Sunday afternoon we mix it up, kicking off with a Bhangra party and then Ushti Baba and 3 Daft Monkeys providing full band folk driven danceableness perfect for a Sunday afternoon..

Sunday night we have a dub and global end to proceedings with Dub Trees, Globular and Transglobal Underground with special guest...

42hrs of programmed dance music across 3 days/nights... Check the MagicalSoundsDanceTent facebook page for full details..