Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

16 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Some fella called Hayfield is doing some major rejigging of my clashfinder. All looks a bit weird to me - includes a 12 o'clock shut down of Magical Sounds, which is fine by me, but not what they say. He either knows something in a major inner loop kind of way, or is as mad as a box of frogs. I can't fathom which.

Do I go with the flow or revert?

I just can't decide - are you out there, Hayfield? Where are you getting your info?

BTW I did notice that Gail posted that Muddy Summers are playing saturday not friday and the line-up page has changed to reflex that

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, tjamest said:

A quick look at a selection of weather sites for Saturday suggests that some think it will be fine, some think there may be a little bit of rain at various times and other think there is a possibility of thunder storms. Take your pick

Google now saying showers Saturday and raining pretty much all day Sunday :( 

1 hour ago, generationgav said:

Google now saying showers Saturday and raining pretty much all day Sunday :( 

don't trust google, only trust the good ones - so right now that's BBC. We'll stick with that

Just to be on the safe side I'll unpack the sun tan lotion and put the wellies back in.

28 minutes ago, karlpowell said:

But tap in a few surrounding towns and that shower on Saturday moves about - meaning it's an isolated squirt of no importance that could land anytime, or not at all, and soon dissipates in the still boiling temperatures.

Granted, Sunday is a trickier sell, but if it really had been 25c all weekend with no cloud cover it would have probably been a little much. Yes, I like the security of knowing there will be no rain, but with these more sensible temperatures, a light dusting from the rain fairies on Sunday might be just what we need.

...and its still better than we have any right to expect at this time of year, so its all good.

Pretty much packed last night as I am out for a Birthday bash tonight. Meeting the crew for breakfast at 9am tomorrow. Aim to set off around half past and should be on site for gate opening at 10. 

It's local to me but I was still surprised how many people I knew there last year. Seemed like every turn I bumped into a familiar face.

Ready, set ......

Out of interest where is good for breakfast round there? Me and me pal planning that, was thinking Tamworth as coming from south bham and I know Tamworth.

I really can't wait now. Just get this work day out of way. Packed last night too, just a few bits to get tonight, and im done.

6 minutes ago, Perks said:

Out of interest where is good for breakfast round there? Me and me pal planning that, was thinking Tamworth as coming from south bham and I know Tamworth.

I really can't wait now. Just get this work day out of way. Packed last night too, just a few bits to get tonight, and im done.

We are meeting at Maccies on Ventura Park Tamworth. There is also a Roasters, KFC and Costa in the same retail park. Roasters do a great breakfast and would be my recommendation - http://www.roastersrestaurant.co.uk/roasters-ventura-park-tamworth/

Edit - Menu http://www.roastersrestaurant.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/roasters-Ventura-menu-2017-ONLINE.pdf

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

7 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

We are meeting at Maccies on Ventura Park Tamworth. There is also a Roasters, KFC and Costa in the same retail park. Roasters do a great breakfast and would be my recommendation - http://www.roastersrestaurant.co.uk/roasters-ventura-park-tamworth/

Edit - Menu http://www.roastersrestaurant.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/roasters-Ventura-menu-2017-ONLINE.pdf

Cheers dude. Yeah know roasters. Was thinking there. Other thought was a Toby carvery breaka by bham airport. Mmm tough choices for a Thurs morning :-)

50 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Anyone know somewhere closer to the site? Got a longish journey so thought I'd set off today and staying overnight in a travelodge on the A38 - almost walking distance from Catton Hall. Roasters looks good, but its way to go for breakfast!

If you are at the Travelodge nr Barton under Needwood then I would highly suggest a visit to Barton Marina. It's a beautiful marina but I'm not sure what time the places in there are open as we normally visit in the evening. Worth finding out though, should only be a few minutes from where you are, possibly walkable.

http://bartonmarina.co.uk/

Edit - Just noticed the cafe there opens at 9am.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

5 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

But tap in a few surrounding towns and that shower on Saturday moves about - meaning it's an isolated squirt of no importance that could land anytime, or not at all, and soon dissipates in the still boiling temperatures.

Granted, Sunday is a trickier sell, but if it really had been 25c all weekend with no cloud cover it would have probably been a little much. Yes, I like the security of knowing there will be no rain, but with these more sensible temperatures, a light dusting from the rain fairies on Sunday might be just what we need.

...and its still better than we have any right to expect at this time of year, so its all good.

Go and wash your mouth out immediately :)    r**n of any sort is not acceptable.

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

If you are at the Travelodge nr Barton under Needwood then I would highly suggest a visit to Barton Marina. It's a beautiful marina but I'm not sure what time the places in there are open as we normally visit in the evening. Worth finding out though, should only be a few minutes from where you are, possibly walkable.

http://bartonmarina.co.uk/

Edit - Just noticed the cafe there opens at 9am.

cheers mate - will do