Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

Love that post Sparky,

First year for us was 2012, Glastonbury fallow year. Me and me buddy looking for a decent alternative. I saw Levs were playing this, jumped on it, they actually didn't play that year, Jon fiddle player broke his finger, replaced by Adam Ant. We've never looked back since. It's a beautiful festival, we met so many lovely people, danced, chatted, hung around with decent like minded folk. Couldn't wait to get back, now it's a must go to every year. Can't wait. See y'all there :-)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A danger of wandering into the deranged territory of the Glasto weather watchers here, but with less than a week to go this seems ruddy marvellous. The significance here is not just the temperatures, which are frankly absurd, but that the good weather extends either side of the festival, so it isn't even a window that has to hit just right.

What I also realised that I am genuinely too superstitious to unpack my raincoat and wellies, despite them adding considerably to my burden, for fear of tempting providence.

I guess that scratch beneath the surface and we are all NFRNFC nutters under the skin.

Edited by sparkythetortoise

59 minutes ago, karlpowell said:

I'm very excited today , weather looking good, ive got a stck of beer in the front room , roll on Thursday.

Me too. Got a nice big smile on the train rather than the usual Monday morning frown. Also got a lovely bar gathering in the front room. 3 work days to go. Can't imagine I'll be doing too much work. Gotta do some lists for what else I need, that's my first job of the day.

Roll on Thursday

Paul - they are great, as if I wasn't excited enough. I cant think of anything else at the moment - its looking so good. Thanks for sharing

Just need the next 2 work days to get gone and I'm a happy girl

@tjamestHa, I invested in a warmer sleeping bag too, also got all me thick jumpers out to come with me, last year was crazy cold. But the forecast for the nights wasn't bad at all on countryfile last night..

40 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Sorry for lack of photos, there is really shit internet on site for me on this build (Vodafone).

Managed to get a few posted on my Facebook from this morning, site is dry and sun is shining 

Safe journey all, see you in the fields! x

I couldn't even get any internet last year just getting a phone signal , was a bonus and then most of the time I couldn't get that either .on o2 

13 minutes ago, Perks said:

@tjamestHa, I invested in a warmer sleeping bag too, also got all me thick jumpers out to come with me, last year was crazy cold. But the forecast for the nights wasn't bad at all on countryfile last night..

Yes i know, i got one from Mountain Warehouse as well  after seeing your posts and remembering how cold it was at night last year.

Some fella called Hayfield is doing some major rejigging of my clashfinder. All looks a bit weird to me - includes a 12 o'clock shut down of Magical Sounds, which is fine by me, but not what they say. He either knows something in a major inner loop kind of way, or is as mad as a box of frogs. I can't fathom which.

Do I go with the flow or revert?

I just can't decide - are you out there, Hayfield? Where are you getting your info?

A quick look at a selection of weather sites for Saturday suggests that some think it will be fine, some think there may be a little bit of rain at various times and other think there is a possibility of thunder storms. Take your pick