Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

I saw cast back in the day, playing Aston villa leisure centre, after about 2 songs Powers had a row with the drummer I think, they had tech problems, it all kicked off, called him a c*nt and walked off stage. Never came back on, I was prob 16, well annoyed that I was pissed and ready for a dance and they just left. I've got unfinished business with them. But I'm at skunk annansie if they are clashing. I also saw them at villa lesuire centre too. They didn't storm off stage, they just rocked it.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Hoping they clash with Skunk Anansie rather than Slaves.

I would expect them to clash with neither, if we go by previous years - maybe clip the end of Skunk Anansie, but only by 15 mins or so. I reckon Slaves will clash with Tess of the Circle, if anyone. 

Here's my OCD take on the matter, based purely on last years times and the order the acts are currently listing. Probably wrong, but it'll make you feel better for a while

http:///s/beardedtheory2017/?user=sparkythetortoise 

I get what you're saying but last year I think they finished off The Woodland with an acoustic act each night so I'd expect Cast to be on 2nd last? 

I could be wrong (again) but last year were SLF down as headliner but Beans on Toast played last?

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I get what you're saying but last year I think they finished off The Woodland with an acoustic act each night so I'd expect Cast to be on 2nd last? 

I could be wrong (again) but last year were SLF down as headliner but Beans on Toast played last?

Let me just say that I'm mildly embarrassed to retain this much useless information in my head, but if you'll just excuse me while I put my scheduling anorak...

Last year the council wanted all stages shut down at 11pm on the Sunday - The BT folk persuaded them to let things go on until 12pm on the Woodland so long as it was something relatively quiet - hence Beans on Toast went on last. Both Turin Brakes and Jack Savoretti, however, occupied the final slot on the other nights, so given they are on the Friday, I think they will be last.

That said, you're not out of the woods yet - or not in them, I suppose - as Cara Dillon did occupy the last but one slot on the Saturday the previous year, but I reckon that was more to do with her bedtime.

Edited by sparkythetortoise

1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Let me just say that I'm mildly embarrassed to retain this much useless information in my head, but if you'll just excuse me while I put my scheduling anorak...

Last year the council wanted all stages shut down at 11pm on the Sunday - The BT folk persuaded them to let things go on until 12pm on the Woodland so long as it was something relatively quiet - hence Beans on Toast went on last. Both Turin Brakes and Jack Savoretti, however, occupied the final slot on the other nights, so given they are on the Friday, I think they will be last.

That said, you're not out of the woods yet - or not in them, I suppose - as Cara Dillon did occupy the last but one slot on the Saturday the previous year, but I reckon that was more to do with her bedtime.

Ah, I didn't know that it was only the Sunday. Quality knowledge there, Sparky. I applaud you.

Reckon The Skids could be one of the TBA acts for the Sunday, slap bang in the middle of their 40th anniversary tour and free on the 28th

Also The Beat are on a co-headline tour with The Selecter in May so may also be in with a shout of making an appearance? 

Edited by Shanndy

Ive6been giving some of the acts I've not heard of before a listen on Spotify over the last few days, some fabulous stuff.

Willie and the Bandits, Son Primo, Skaciety, Tess of the Circle (You Take Me Out of My Head is a Zepplinesque TUNE!), The Carnabys, Smiling Ivy, Nucleus Roots, Flight Brigade... all really good. Exciting times ahead with the announcement of more on Saturday.

While I'm at it, I was reminded of how good Faerground Accidents were on The Woodland last year, looking forward to seeing them again.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Willie and the Bandits, ... all really good. Exciting times ahead with the announcement of more on Saturday.

It you liked Willie and the Bandit (nasty clash with Alabama 3 there) can I suggest, earlier on, Blackballed? Not exactly the same sort of thing, but in you like one, I think you'll like the other

1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

It you liked Willie and the Bandit (nasty clash with Alabama 3 there) can I suggest, earlier on, Blackballed? Not exactly the same sort of thing, but in you like one, I think you'll like the other

Gave them a listen a little later, another for the list.

Not as much this year that I know I like and/or have stuff by as last year but I'm looking forward to finding plenty of new stuff.

8 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Not too keen on Seasick Steve but would be more than happy to watch Kissmet on The Woodland as an alternative 

Yeah I'm with you, I like seasick, but kissmet at the woodland appeals more

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Was there any other news on the email? I've not got one for some reason.

Announced convoy cabaret and some of the Maui waui, and the video you posted. Tried to copy the email to here, but that shit's too technical for me! All acts on their website now.

1 minute ago, Perks said:

Announced convoy cabaret and some of the Maui waui, and the video you posted. Tried to copy the email to here, but that shit's too technical for me! All acts on their website now.

Cheers Perks, had a look on the website, not heard of any on Convoy Caberet but that's fine, great place to drop by and see what's going on.