Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

3 hours ago, Magical_Sounds said:

Hi all,

Magical Sounds Dance Tent lineup announced.

Friday - We are very proud and excited to welcome the MEGADOG soundsystem into the Magical Sounds for a 15 hour takeover ending in a rare live show by legend CJ Bolland

Saturday afternoon [12 - 6] we welcome the Madhatter freeparty soundsystem who will bring an afternoon of reggae, dance hall, jundle and breaks with Serial Killaz and MC Felon finishing this session off..

Saturday eve [6pm - 3am] is a psychedelic affair with Zetan Spore, YOUTH, GAUDI, Ed Tangent and SYSTEM 7..

Sunday afternoon we mix it up, kicking off with a Bhangra party and then Ushti Baba and 3 Daft Monkeys providing full band folk driven danceableness perfect for a Sunday afternoon..

Sunday night we have a dub and global end to proceedings with Dub Trees, Globular and Transglobal Underground with special guest...

42hrs of programmed dance music across 3 days/nights... Check the MagicalSoundsDanceTent facebook page for full details..

Well done - for me the best Magical Sounds lineup to date - by a fair distance!

Particularly excited about the Madhatter takeover on Saturday afternoon, and the sunday afternoon mix up with Ushti Baba and Transglobal amongst others. 

It's gonna be a lot of fun. :)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning magical sounds announcement. Gonna be even harder to leave when I get in there. My fella has just said - did you write to then and tell them to what get! Banco Fri, reggae Sat arvo, system 7 sat night, then Bhangra and 3DM Sunday. Perfect. Need to stop wishing my life away till May! God I love this festival 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Really can't wait for this. 

Can I add to your pain with this very rough and ready Clashfinder that I knocked up with the info so far and last year's times, which indicates some nasty clashes are already creeping in, despite only 3 incomplete stages available 

http:///s/beardedtheory2017

21 January will no doubt mix it up even more

4 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Can I add to your pain with this very rough and ready Clashfinder that I knocked up with the info so far and last year's times, which indicates some nasty clashes are already creeping in, despite only 3 incomplete stages available 

http:///s/beardedtheory2017

21 January will no doubt mix it up even more

Good work. Already getting a squeaky bum looking at those clashes. Can imagine it only getting worse when Maui Waui and Convoy are announced on 21st!

On 9 January 2017 at 7:36 AM, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Rumours of Therapy? sound good to me, got my fingers crossed

Yeah, I'd be all over that. Have requested a fair few times. Didn't they get close to having them a few years ago? 

15 hours ago, Perks said:

Yeah, I'd be all over that. Have requested a fair few times. Didn't they get close to having them a few years ago? 

I do remember BTHQ saying on their forum that they'd been trying for a while to sign up T? I'm sure they're not the only band they've been chasing over the years tho. Could also be Public Service Broadcasting (??).

I'm looking forward to the convoy cabaret lineup announcement too.

Been listening to the first two Cast albums the last couple of days, used to play them a lot. I don't know if the negative opinions of others meant I expected them to have dated badly but I've enjoyed them. Hoping they clash with Skunk Anansie rather than Slaves.