Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

Decided on this to celebrate my 50th next year. Went along for the first time last year and loved it (PiL were incredible). Music is right up my street and it's just round the corner from me. Used to follow NMA around on tour in my late teens and also saw the Alarm a couple times too. Dreadzone I've seen more recently and thoroughly enjoyed and am already looking forward to Skunk Anansie. Add in Sugar hill gang and Selector and I'm fully sold on the lineup.

Tickets bought.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the standout in the announcement is Slaves. Don't let the Radio 1 badge put you off, they are loud, aggressive, funny and have great energy live, especially for a 2 piece. They also have some utterly cracking tunes. They're very sweary, don't know if they'll be asked to censor themselves at a 'Family' festival :D

Ive only ever seen them in small venues, so really looking forward to them. Followed by Skunk Anansie. What a way to start BT 2017!

6 hours ago, hoils said:

What with them playing Slam Dunk on the same weekend, I would have thought LTJ look pretty likely for the Floridian thingy. 

I thought the Florida thing was sugarhill gang. Such a shame about LTJ, was gutted when I saw that slam dunk line up. For me LTJ would be perfect for BT

Ah well, maybe next time......hopefully

On 28/11/2016 at 10:24 PM, Gnomicide said:

Ta.

Meanwhile . ...

Amazing to think what it all started out as. Has the BT School helped in winning the award? and do you think that others will follow suit? Favourite festival of the year for me, beats all the others hands down

On 11/28/2016 at 6:40 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Surely the Don Letts confirmation means that Big Audio Dynamite are a cert? Half the members are there already. 

This had crossed my mind too, but I'm not sure how it could work as they are all there the Thursday night - not sure they'd all be hanging about all weekend....

On 11/30/2016 at 10:28 PM, OG said:

Amazing to think what it all started out as. Has the BT School helped in winning the award? and do you think that others will follow suit? Favourite festival of the year for me, beats all the others hands down

I agree 

Bearded is the one nailed on early bird every year - all others are now lineup dependent...

On 11/30/2016 at 10:28 PM, OG said:

I hope so :)

But there is loads of other kids and family stuff going on as well - the whole kids and teens areas are great!

Hi all,

Magical Sounds Dance Tent lineup announced.

Friday - We are very proud and excited to welcome the MEGADOG soundsystem into the Magical Sounds for a 15 hour takeover ending in a rare live show by legend CJ Bolland

Saturday afternoon [12 - 6] we welcome the Madhatter freeparty soundsystem who will bring an afternoon of reggae, dance hall, jundle and breaks with Serial Killaz and MC Felon finishing this session off..

Saturday eve [6pm - 3am] is a psychedelic affair with Zetan Spore, YOUTH, GAUDI, Ed Tangent and SYSTEM 7..

Sunday afternoon we mix it up, kicking off with a Bhangra party and then Ushti Baba and 3 Daft Monkeys providing full band folk driven danceableness perfect for a Sunday afternoon..

Sunday night we have a dub and global end to proceedings with Dub Trees, Globular and Transglobal Underground with special guest...

42hrs of programmed dance music across 3 days/nights... Check the MagicalSoundsDanceTent facebook page for full details..