Bearded Theory Festival 2017

Paul ™

Dates for the diary: Bearded Theory will return on May 25th to 28th 2017 and the gates on the Thursday will open at 11am due to additional entertainment being planned forming part of our 10th anniversary celebrations (we can’t believe we made it this far). Tickets go on sale on September 10th 2016 at 9am via our website.

Can't wait already! :D 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3 July 2016 at 7:11 PM, Paul ™ said:

Dates for the diary: Bearded Theory will return on May 25th to 28th 2017 and the gates on the Thursday will open at 11am due to additional entertainment being planned forming part of our 10th anniversary celebrations (we can’t believe we made it this far). Tickets go on sale on September 10th 2016 at 9am via our website.

Can't wait already! :D 

Wahoo! Says 10am start on thier website. Wonder what these dudes have in store for us.

Id love to see, anywhere on the line up...Flogging Molly, Frank Turner, The Skints, Steel Pulse, Less Than Jake, Underworld, Dreadzone, Tinariwen, Zion Train, Sisters Of Mercy...

and Ferocious Dog :-)

see y'all there....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But more info in the website.

More loos, full afternoon and evening of music on Thursday on the Pallet, the Woodland, Something Else Tea Tent and the new Cinema.

Looks like Maui Wai will be back. Let's hope for something a little better from them, disco in there late on though and maybe some comedy. May try for an early bird ticket this year, I normally wait to see the line up but sod it :)

Can't wait. The parking and access last year was excellent, a huge improvement.  More toilets is good, more urinals freeing up cubicles would seem like a good way to go. The woodland stage is just a beautiful spot, so good that it is almost becoming a victim of it's own success, getting in and out even to the toilets was a nightmare. Might need a rethink ?

Love this festival and will definitely be back next year.

Did anyone notice the small lake at the back of the woodlands stage, it was closed off to the public but looked like the land owners had started to landscape it.

Would be a great addition to a wonderful area if opened up.

Regarding the toilets at the stage it sounds like they are moving the entrance further away and having a toilet block just outside the arena.

Glad that these it's just early bird tickets going on sale because at the moment I'm broke. I guess it'll be good to the initial line up first though.

Loving the sound of the new Cinema, I think it's a great idea as sometimes during the day this year I found a bit stuck for things to do. For some reason I only just discovered creative intentions on the last day. I reckon if I'd have found that sooner I would have been in there alot.

8 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

For some reason, I didn't discover it at all! What is/was creative intentions?

Not surprised, it was very hard to spot. If I remember rightly, it was in the left hand market strip as you enter the Palais, right at the end of the kids area. It had poets there performing daily and looked a good place to sit and chill. If only I discovered it sooner!

10 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Not surprised, it was very hard to spot. If I remember rightly, it was in the left hand market strip as you enter the Palais, right at the end of the kids area. It had poets there performing daily and looked a good place to sit and chill. If only I discovered it sooner!

There were a few nooks and crannies like that all over the place. The people who run it really seemed to want to add value for the punters in a way you don't see in more commercial festivals. Roll on the next one.

Starter for 10...

To commence our 10-year celebration, we will be recreating the 2008 Saturday line up on the Thursday night with a couple of tweaks (someone being rescheduled over the weekend and omitting bands that have split up). We welcome back Dreadzone (full band format), 3 Daft Monkeys, Tarantism, Hobo Jones & the Junk Yard Dogs, Gail andFreedom to play on the Pallet Stage from 2pm onwards. Gates open at 10am to allow time for people to arrive and set up but be mindful of traffic. This will get the weekend kick started with a real bang and we can’t wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw on their Twitter a few days ago, band news in the next 10 days.. Could be some more news shortly to go with the already awesome Thursday line up. Frank Turner? For some reason I really think he'll be there. Not logic behind it, but just a good feeling.. I'd be well chuffed too.

20 minutes ago, Perks said:

Saw on their Twitter a few days ago, band news in the next 10 days.. Could be some more news shortly to go with the already awesome Thursday line up. Frank Turner? For some reason I really think he'll be there. Not logic behind it, but just a good feeling.. I'd be well chuffed too.

Id genuinely be over the moon if FT was there.  Ive got tickets for his 2000th show in Notts in December as well as a little trip over to Dublin to see him in November!