Aeriel pic of the aftermath

wirralchris

That picture totally threw me, looked all wrong. Flipped it horizontally and now it looks right, most peculiar. It actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, though the camping areas probably survived OK (ish) because there were tents and not footfall. Probably look a whole lot different in a week or so, and unrecognisable in a month or so.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Fuck me, that's bad. All that brown, jesus. Looks like my bottom sheet after a 3 day session on the piss when i've lost control.

So you're basically admitting responsibility for this mess, as Glastonbury was 5 days...

20 hours ago, Cooter said:

Yep, correct, without the litter of course which is becoming less and less every year. Rest assured folks we've all probably saved Michael millions in ploughing fees.

Hmm, I doubt this - the compaction caused by all the heavy machinary and 200,000 feet will cause huge problems for the soil, it will be particualy bad this year because it was so wet. Compaction reduces grass yields (food for the dairy cows), can damage the roots of surrounding trees and possibly contritube to drainage/flooding issues on site.  The Worthy Farm team will be experts on recovering the ground but it won't be easy-peasy and cost free by any means! 

On 03/07/2016 at 6:29 PM, muddychick said:

What's the area with the lines of coloured tents towards the top of the pic? Looks offsite?

T'is a dark, dark place where pretentiousness and egotistical mania thrives! Ther is also a high streey Boots store there wher you can fulfill all of your make-up needs!

You must never, ever go there.

1 hour ago, wirralchris said:

T'is a dark, dark place where pretentiousness and egotistical mania thrives! Ther is also a high streey Boots store there wher you can fulfill all of your make-up needs!

You must never, ever go there.

Cracked me up mate! :D

Believe me when I say I have no intention of ever crossing to the dark side !

During the Q & A at the Speaker's Forum on Sunday, Michael Eavis said that the farm would be back to normal by the 1st of September. Even jokingly offered to drive the audience around in a bus to show us if we were so inclined to come for a visit. Also regarding litter, he said something along the lines of they have tried all sorts of contraptions, but the best method is people combing through the fields.

9 hours ago, muddychick said:

Good to see a few have had a pop at him for being such an inconsiderate toss.

yep. I was heartened when I checked twitter this morning and saw that he had been done by a few people. 

Some people really exasperate me!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

yep. I was heartened when I checked twitter this morning and saw that he had been done by a few people. 

Some people really exasperate me!

I was one of them. I posted the Glasto list. Point number one was very apt for him. I did it late last night for it to be a nice wake up for him! 

Hopefully he'll think twice in future.

8 hours ago, muddychick said:

I was one of them. I posted the Glasto list. Point number one was very apt for him. I did it late last night for it to be a nice wake up for him! 

Hopefully he'll think twice in future.

Good on you. Hopefully so!