FLEETWOOD MAC FOR 2017 HEADLINER.....

JulesyBoy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eavis always said he didn't think the Stones would play because they asked for too much money and we all know what happened there; maybe they'll see sense (I'm certain they'd be booked if they do)

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

If they saw some of the pyramid crowds this year you can hardly blame them for not wanting to perform in front of the lifeless c**ts

total agree I'm really starting to despise the Pyramid, so many talkers it's unreal...missed Beck because of this :(

I love Fleetwood Mac and was gutted when they cancelled their Manchester gig (without rescheduling) last year as 1st time seeing them with Christine....as much as I would love to see them at Glastonbury they are way to greedy to do it so just let that dream go....

If they saw some of the pyramid crowds this year you can hardly blame them for not wanting to perform in front of the lifeless c**ts

Er, just to remind you the weather was a bit dodge this year which probably didn't help.

There's far too many slaggers of the Pyramid, it's where the very roots for the festival are ffs!

Someone wasn't at Foals. Just takes a band in the right slot who know what they're doing to get that crowd going.

Just now, russycarps said:

I was at foals! Can't remember any of it though. But you're right, the crowd was really good for tame impala in fairness

And playing before Adele you'd have assumed that was a total death slot for Tame Impala in terms of getting a good crowd response, but they came out and smashed it. It can be a tough crowd to play to but the right band will find a way to get them going.

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I was at foals! Can't remember any of it though. But you're right, the crowd was really good for tame impala in fairness

This surprised me, I had a tough decision to make between Tame Impala/Floating Points/Chvrches and Tame Impala was certainly the right one, the crowd where I was absolutely fucking loved it, not hard to though, they fucking nailed it 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just started watching the coverage now, the crowds just look dead at the Pyramid, it's like watching a different festival to the rest.

Definitely a few exceptions such as Skepta and Tame Impala, but yeah, in general the crowd at The Pyramid looks awful. 

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That's the curse, if you aren't current, you're fucked. You could even be pretty famous and similar to the headliner, and still get ignored by loads of the crowd (see Primal Scream before Stones).

Madness went down great where I was - because they put on a great performance and got the crowd on their side. Simple as that really.

Madness was rammers!  We were on our way up to JP for John Grant and couldn't get over the crowd but howany were just camped out for Adele? Was there much movement afterwards or was that a genuine love in for the house of fun?

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

eh? You missed Beck because of talkers?

I missed Beck because I couldn't face going to the Pyramid again which is packed full of talkers and just not fun, the mud didn't help either...I'm just finding the atmosphere & crowd there not enjoyable, its a personal thing and I'm sure if in the right spot its fantastic but this year I didn't enjoy it at all

Instead too the slow route past PJ and up to Park for Grimes who I was seeing anyway

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Someone wasn't at Foals. Just takes a band in the right slot who know what they're doing to get that crowd going.

Foals were awesome but again surrounded by talkers who only stopped when my number came on, then back to talking gggrrrhhh :blink: ....it was a shame as it was a cracking set by Foals