Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Pearl jam 

Elton John 

Depeche mode 

KLF 

Faithless 

AC-DC 

None of those bands will ever headline Glastonbury. Its not me being negative either as I would love all of them to play at some point in the future

32 minutes ago, swede said:

None of those bands will ever headline Glastonbury. Its not me being negative either as I would love all of them to play at some point in the future

Elton will surely make an appearance at some point, whether that's headliner or legend remains to be seen. He could do either.

3 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

His trajectory is pretty similar to Gotye at the minute. Selling a truckload of albums off the back of one inescapable hit but the follow up singles doing nothing.

Soon it'll be back to the day job - collecting unwanted household objects/scrap metal to sell on.

10 hours ago, swede said:

What no pearl jam.. THAT'S IT I'm never going to Glastonbury again. YOU swede have ruined my dreams.... Cut me down like the privet hedge I am..... Poured weed killer round my ankles.. Flung hot larva over me poor wise old head... CHOPPED THE.... well you get my meaning lol 

I don't know where/how Pearl Jam would fit in at Glastonbury. They're obviously big enough to headline large shows, but I just don't think enough of their music is in the national consciousness for them to headline the Pyramid. And they're possibly too big to headline the Other Stage, certainly compared to this year's Other headliners. And I can't imagine them subbing the Pyramid. Which leaves them in no-mans land.

I've just binged through the last two Muse albums. Started whilst out and about and had to finish when I got home.

I searched this thread for mentions of them and there are 10 or 11, but I'll guess half of them are slagging them off.

If they can keep up their form and people don't get tired of them, I can well see them being asked to do it again.

Edited by MrZigster

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

What no pearl jam.. THAT'S IT I'm never going to Glastonbury again. YOU swede have ruined my dreams.... Cut me down like the privet hedge I am..... Poured weed killer round my ankles.. Flung hot larva over me poor wise old head... CHOPPED THE.... well you get my meaning lol 

I'm in the same boat as you that Id love them to headline, absolute dream headliner tbh. I always thought Metallica had no chance, those were another dream headliner of mine,  and here we are this week with an article where Lars has said Glastonbury has changed his life so stranger things have happened.

Those songs, especially the ones off "Ten" are meant to be played on the Pyramid, it just has to happen at some point, unfortunately the Eavis' have never seen the connection between Pearl Jam and the likes of Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and The Who so Michael doesn't see them as a good fit for Glastonbury. 

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I've just binged through the last two Muse albums. Started whilst out and about and had to finish when I got home.

I searched this thread for mentions of them and there are 10 or 11, but I'll guess half of them are slagging them off.

If they can keep up their form and people don't get tired of them, I can well see them being asked to do it again.

There is no need for Muse to ever headline again. Last year's performance set a new definition of the term "meh".

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They've got two years to lock Elton in to that weekend before he books a gig at Stirling Albion or somewhere daft.

Post #RightBazza there's no gig I want to see more than the Elton Legends Slot - and yet it's still more than likely that come 2019 he'll be entertaining the fans at Victoria Park in Dingwall on the same weekend.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:12 AM, swede said:

Great band but they won't headline either stage, John Peel headliner at best one year. 

The festival looks for massive world wide acts to headline the pyramid now and road tests potential headliners in the sub slots. The closest I think we'll come to a smaller headliner now is Foals or The XX one year but they'll have huge headliners on the other two days incase they aren't well received. 

Fun fact: Glass Animals are bigger in America than Catfish, Foals, Kasabian and The Courteeners. They could end up being a flavour of the month band but they can't be written off yet especially since they're the sort of act that takes a bit time to get into (a lot of people seem to be just getting into their last album despite coming out over a year ago)   

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

Fun fact: Glass Animals are bigger in America than Catfish, Foals, Kasabian and The Courteeners. They could end up being a flavour of the month band but they can't be written off yet especially since they're the sort of act that takes a bit time to get into (a lot of people seem to be just getting into their last album despite coming out over a year ago)   

Sure but they're not as big as the likes of Foster the People and Empire of the Sun; both former flavour of the month acts yet all but forgotten about in the wider world and aren't going to headline major festivals in the UK or the US. I think Glass Animals are bound to sit alongside them on festival bills in America for the next ten years and brief appearances and shows in diminishing slots and venues over here.

Edited by dentalplan