WHEN DO YOU THINK TICKET DAY WILL BE

demonsurfer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

It'll almost certainly be 2 October based on recent precedent.

I'm not nearly as certain as you. There's 2 ways of looking at the precedents, and both of them give different dates.

The past few years, the main sale has been on the First Sunday of the month, with the Coach Packages sold on the Wednesday or Thursday beforehand. That'd put the Coach Sale on the 28th or 29th of September, and the Main Sale on 2nd of October.

Alternatively, the past few years the first sale, for Coach Packages, has been on the first Wednesday or Thursday of the month, with the General Sale on the following Sunday.. That'd put the Coach Sale on 5th or 6th of October, and the Main Sale on 9th of October.

Personally I'd say the latter option is more likely, as it keeps both sales in the same tax quarter. But I'm far from confident on that.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm not nearly as certain as you. There's 2 ways of looking at the precedents, and both of them give different dates.

The past few years, the main sale has been on the First Sunday of the month, with the Coach Packages sold on the Wednesday or Thursday beforehand. That'd put the Coach Sale on the 28th or 29th of September, and the Main Sale on 2nd of October.

Alternatively, the past few years the first sale, for Coach Packages, has been on the first Wednesday or Thursday of the month, with the General Sale on the following Sunday.. That'd put the Coach Sale on 5th or 6th of October, and the Main Sale on 9th of October.

Personally I'd say the latter option is more likely, as it keeps both sales in the same tax quarter. But I'm far from confident on that.

It would also put the coach sale after pay day for most people, I don't know if that comes into their thinking but you'd assume they want everything on their side for shifting tickets (not that they need it)

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

33 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The festival run is the 9th so we (the committee) have checked that it does not clash with ticket day. GF said they are working towards having ticket day on the 2nd.

If that's the case and if the coach ticket sale is the Thursday before as it has been over the last few years it will mean the coach sale is before many peoples pay day. That seems a strange decision by the festival. 

Edited by Twisted Melon

5 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

If that's the case and if the coach ticket sale is the Thursday before as it has been over the last few years it will mean the coach sale is before many peoples pay day. That seems a strange decision by the festival. 

Are coach tickets payable in full or is it just a deposit?

Also, as the coach sale is 7pm on the Thursday and payday is Friday there should not be any problems as the debit transaction will not actually hit your account until the next working day which is payday.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Are coach tickets payable in full or is it just a deposit?

Also, as the coach sale is 7pm on the Thursday and payday is Friday there should not be any problems as the debit transaction will not actually hit your account until the next working day which is payday.

If I remember correctly it's a £50 deposit for the ticket and the full cost of the coach that's payable. So the total amount would depend on where you're traveling from but will be about £105 from London. 

52 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

No it doesn't. The final working day of September is Friday 30th - which is pay day for a lot of people. Coach tickets would go on sale Thursday 29th.

I always assumed pay days were factored in, why give themselves any less chance of selling tickets? I know at the moment it's not something they need to worry about but I'm sure they don't want to be complacent and assume that all always be the case.

I'm sure somebody on here will be able to confirm if ticket day for coach it main sale has ever been before the start if the month in recent years.

42 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

There are 3 paydays before TDay. Why can't people just put the money aside in preparation? I'm the worst person for organising money but even I can prepare to make sure I have funds for ticket day. 

That's great for those of us that can do that but I guess not everyone is able to for various reasons unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, sime said:

That's great for those of us that can do that but I guess not everyone is able to for various reasons unfortunately. 

Oh I know. As I said I'm the worst person for money and always broke at least two weeks before payday but nothing will stop me from figuring a way to get me grubby paws on a ticket come t day. Obviously the usual actually getting a ticket page allowing. 

General ticket day is always the weekend of my friends birthday, so she's usually asleep or hungover haha.  I'd bet money on it being Thurs 6th (coaches) and Sun 9th (general), which I wish I'd thought about when I booked a holiday <_<

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Hopefully the 2nd, am in Iceland on the 9th! 

You need to get recruiting friends/family/random strangers for the F5 job, it's gunna be the 9th! Based on if it were the 2nd, the coach sale would be in September, and it's always October

Coach: Thurs 1st Oct
General: Sun 4th Oct

2015:
Coach: Weds 1st Oct 
General: Sun 5th Oct

2014:
Coach: Thurs 3rd Oct
General: Sun 6th Oct

2013:
No split sale: Sun 7th Oct