WHEN DO YOU THINK TICKET DAY WILL BE

demonsurfer

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah I've had loads of people say to me saw it on tv it looked horrendous. 

Yeah me too, loads of people commented to me on how much of a nightmare it looked.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Perks said:

Yeah me too, loads of people commented to me on how much of a nightmare it looked.

Ive had a few asking about how long it took to get in.

Had loads of people in work saying they want to go next year - all Adele fans. None of them are even semi regular gig goers. 

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Had loads of people in work saying they want to go next year - all Adele fans. None of them are even semi regular gig goers. 

Did you say it took ages to get in, it was bloody awful, you wouldn't like it? That's what I meant to say, but all that comes out is the opposite!! I end up selling it more to people.

It's easy for people to say now they wanna go after watching Adele, it's a different case come ticket time I find.

we all thinking the 2nd for main sale then? Thurs before for coach? 

40 minutes ago, Perks said:

Did you say it took ages to get in, it was bloody awful, you wouldn't like it? That's what I meant to say, but all that comes out is the opposite!! I end up selling it more to people.

It's easy for people to say now they wanna go after watching Adele, it's a different case come ticket time I find.

we all thinking the 2nd for main sale then? Thurs before for coach? 

I said the truth.

"Going in was easy this year. Far easier than normal. It was pretty muddy and tough physically, but I preferred it. Most don't. If you don't like the mud, don't go"

I'm not that bothered by ticket day these days, I live in the bracket of 'close enough to give it a go' if the ticket gods don't smile, and I usually spend the weekend with several ticketless locals. (Don't judge - you would if you could drive to the site or home in half hour) but I've always been successful in tickets in the main or resale, even if it was for others after mine have been bought already & long may that trend continue :ph34r:

On 08/07/2016 at 2:39 PM, Homersexual said:

I'm flying out at 6:10 pm on the Wednesday and fly back at 10:20 am on the Sunday. Coaches are on sale from 7pm and the main sale is from 9am, right?

I'm fucked.

I bought our tickets in departures at Lisbon airport about 10 minutes before the gates closed on our flights.

I suspect the folk that will have been put off by the mud will be the folk that were actually there rather than the viewers at home.

However, the deposit scheme means that even if you're unsure as to whether you can or can't go / face it you might as well still try for a ticket anyway - the loss of the £15 (while obviously not nothing) probably isn't sufficiently terrifying to put people off.

Baby on the way so was going to give next year a miss but had an absolute belter this year so will be trying again come ticket day, most likely just the 2 as the last couple of years as our group has whittled away.

On 03/07/2016 at 9:57 AM, deebeedoobee said:

The festival run is the 9th so we (the committee) have checked that it does not clash with ticket day. GF said they are working towards having ticket day on the 2nd.

Ewwwwww, I could be trudging round the course in a right old sulk then if the Ticket Gods aren't kind!!!

i hope everyone gets tix this year and wot with the state of this year im hoping it will put alot o people off BUT id also like to see a no reopening of registration after the first tix sale imo if you havent sorted it out by oct then unlucky....i say this every year i know but i dont think its fair that the people that are all sorted and dont get tickets then have to go up against and load more people that have seen or heard rumors of some of the line up and think ah shit ill register and then get tickets in the resale ........id also like to see the depsoit system changed so that people dont buy a ticket just because then see a shit line up and think fuck it ill only lose £10 ...make it £25 ......

ofcourse if you have a valid reason taht you cant go then thats different but lots of people fucked there golden tix off last year cos they didnt like the line up .....any way thats wot i think so ill stop ranting

good luck to those that didnt get tix last year and here we go again [ in oct ] to the ones that did lol....G

On 7/8/2016 at 2:39 PM, Homersexual said:

I'm flying out at 6:10 pm on the Wednesday and fly back at 10:20 am on the Sunday. Coaches are on sale from 7pm and the main sale is from 9am, right?

I'm fucked.

Im near Malaga that weekend too - Weds to Tuesday.  Middle of bloody nowhere.

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

i hope everyone gets tix this year and wot with the state of this year im hoping it will put alot o people off BUT id also like to see a no reopening of registration after the first tix sale imo if you havent sorted it out by oct then unlucky....i say this every year i know but i dont think its fair that the people that are all sorted and dont get tickets then have to go up against and load more people that have seen or heard rumors of some of the line up and think ah shit ill register and then get tickets in the resale ........id also like to see the depsoit system changed so that people dont buy a ticket just because then see a shit line up and think fuck it ill only lose £10 ...make it £25 ......

ofcourse if you have a valid reason taht you cant go then thats different but lots of people fucked there golden tix off last year cos they didnt like the line up .....any way thats wot i think so ill stop ranting

good luck to those that didnt get tix last year and here we go again [ in oct ] to the ones that did lol....G

As much as I love thwith deposit scheme I think it does encourage peogle to try even if there don't really care about going .

If you are onlyou losing £15 then it's a no risk and you may as well try. 

I would increase the amount you lose to put these people off but can't see it happening.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:47 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Id say this happens every year. The media in the UK make a big fuss about the festival in the lead up and everyone watches it on TV so of course you're going to get loads of people saying they'll go but by the time ticket day comes around in October the majority of these people have forgotten about it. Most people don't start thinking about going to music festivals until January at the earliest and by then Glastonbury is basically sold out.

Edited by Madyaker

I think the mud will be offset by spectacle of Coldplay and Adele on TV, if you think about last years headliners, I don't think any one of them would've Inspired that many people to want to come anywhere near as much as those two.

I work in a team of 5, two of the girls have been saying that they want to give it a go next year after seeing Adele/Coldplay, neither of them at registered and I don't think they'll actually bother........ But when regaling them with tales of how good it was and how they need to register etc I suddenly realised if we all get tickets we can't all go as we work together! It's at that point I went in to more detail about the mud and the traffic.

Yeah it's the post-Glasto-on-the-TV bubble for sure. A tiny fraction will get around to even finding out that you have to register in advance, let alone actually registering and getting ready for ticket day. In a way I've felt obliged to tell everyone who shows an interest in Glasto all about registering, when ticket day is, how hard it is to get tickets so you have to be prepared, etc. but I'm over that now!! If anyone really wants to come then I'm very happy to answer their questions, and they can easily find out on line, but it's not down to me to push more and more people who are just a bit starry-eyed about the BBC coverage to come along and live the thing.

On 13/07/2016 at 1:35 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think the mud will be offset by spectacle of Coldplay and Adele on TV, if you think about last years headliners, I don't think any one of them would've Inspired that many people to want to come anywhere near as much as those two.

I work in a team of 5, two of the girls have been saying that they want to give it a go next year after seeing Adele/Coldplay, neither of them at registered and I don't think they'll actually bother........ But when regaling them with tales of how good it was and how they need to register etc I suddenly realised if we all get tickets we can't all go as we work together! It's at that point I went in to more detail about the mud and the traffic.

ha ha thats funny ......but on the point of registration i really really believe that if you havent sorted that out by tix day then you miss out ....thoughts ??