Other Stage sound quality

Alan_C

Did anyone else think that the sound quality was much better on the Other Stage this year? I have watched quite a lot of sets there in the past and have noticed the sound has sometimes been poor. This year I thought it was brilliant for the people I seen there. Really noticed it on tracks like Bizarre Love Triangle, Blue Monday and Daft Punk.

West Holts sound for Underworld was ridiculously amazing as well. Loud as fuck.

I don't go to JPT enough to say if it was better than previous, but it sounded great. The Other had vastly improved, even complete novices would notice how much better it is. WH sounded great to me last year and again this year, if I was to call it one way or the other I'd guess it's been improved, but that may just be the fact that Other has been re-done colouring my view.

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

To be honest I thought everywhere sounded remarkably good this year. I was worried muddy sound in the JP might be a problem for Sigur Ros but they were crystal clear and loud.

yep saw a fair few acts in the JP this year and all sounded fantastic. apart from Death Cab last year my last recollection of the JP was Tyler, The Creator and James Blake in 2013 and both sounded awful hence my grudge against the stage, but i guess i can start getting excited about acts appearing in there again

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yep saw a fair few acts in the JP this year and all sounded fantastic. apart from Death Cab last year my last recollection of the JP was Tyler, The Creator and James Blake in 2013 and both sounded awful hence my grudge against the stage, but i guess i can start getting excited about acts appearing in there again

I was the opposite, having seen quite a few there previously I didn't step foot in it once this year, which was a shame as I'm a fan of it, there was just no one ticked the boxes this year 

I think the improvements were made last year as there was a big difference from 2014 which was carried over again this year. The other stage has definitely begun to shake off its label as the soulless 'v festival' stage of the festival. I spent a lot of time there this year and loved it.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It wasn't great for James. I've noticed in the past that it has been poor early on the Friday and gotten better as the weekend has gone on.

This was my take on it too, last year it was the same during the Charlatans and (very annoyingly) The Cribs, this year it was terrible during James but I thought it was great from then onwards. The sound quality during CHVRCHES, New Order and LCD was very good, particularly LCD which was absolutely incredible.

Edited by pantu the dog

Arcadia have told me wind conditions meant the sound didn't carry to the nearest residents so easily, and therefore they never got the call to turn the noise down once all week! They were delighted! That probably helped.

22 hours ago, Nickyboy said:

The only issues I noticed this year were on the Park stage. The balance was far too bass heavy. Almost wrecked sets by Cats Eyes and St Etienne for me

It sounded fat as f*ck for Jagwar Ma. I was impressed but i did notice it started to distort at points.

Other was marvellous for Paul Heaton and Jacquie (sp) Abbott. We positioned ourselves centre stage towards the rear so we wouldn't get any Glade interference. 

Jack Garratt on JP was far too base heavy. We were outside tent so maybe it was improved inside. Husband was gutted as this was his pick. 

Yeah, I do think Other improved this year, and Genosys was the other one I really noticed a difference. I could also properly hear Jack Garratt on JP even though I was outside the tent, which I couldn't when I was standing outside for someone else a couple of years ago, wonder if that's anything to do with the new location. 

10 minutes ago, johnomatic said:

Yeah, I do think Other improved this year, and Genosys was the other one I really noticed a difference. I could also properly hear Jack Garratt on JP even though I was outside the tent, which I couldn't when I was standing outside for someone else a couple of years ago, wonder if that's anything to do with the new location. 

Interesting as we have real problems with the base feedback at Jack Garratt. We were on the woods side . Where about were you? 

6 minutes ago, muddychick said:

Interesting as we have real problems with the base feedback at Jack Garratt. We were on the woods side . Where about were you? 

Further round the left edge of the tent, to be honest it's very possible there were problems with that, his music is so bass heavy I might just have tuned out of it but I can't say I noticed it myself.