Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

No but it was the case for the marquee hip hop/rap/whatever acts they brought over from the states like Ice Cube and Busta Rhymes 

although at this point Frank Ocean is surely a much bigger deal than either and would probably headline the festivals rather than lower down the bill?

all ringing very similar to the LCD situation last/this year so fingers crossed it pans out the same way

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

although at this point Frank Ocean is surely a much bigger deal than either and would probably headline the festivals rather than lower down the bill?

all ringing very similar to the LCD situation last/this year so fingers crossed it pans out the same way

Didn't a member of LCD have a lot of Glasto history though?

Just now, thewayiam said:

Didn't a member of LCD have a lot of Glasto history though?

true, but there's nothing to say that Frank doesn't just want to do it. the fact that it says one of TWO UK festival shows is promising as both Wildlife and Parklife kind of go hand in hand. i didn't think he'd be likely at all until now but i think it looks very promising  - just a matter of where on the lineup

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

true, but there's nothing to say that Frank doesn't just want to do it. the fact that it says one of TWO UK festival shows is promising as both Wildlife and Parklife kind of go hand in hand. i didn't think he'd be likely at all until now but i think it looks very promising  - just a matter of where on the lineup

Could go either way but has he ever played it before?, I don't remember it.

I can see it now, The Weeknd/Frank vs RH/The XX

Just now, thewayiam said:

Could go either way but has he ever played it before?, I don't remember it.

I can see it now, The Weeknd/Frank vs RH/The XX

nope never played before. can't see them sticking Frank and The Weeknd together on the bill and also can't see them sticking him up against other indie darlings The xx/Radiohead. if he's subbing/headlining Other then vs Foos makes the most sense imo

the more big acts seeming likely to be playing next year is making the top end of the lineup look awfully strong/packed - the list of acts who could play at the top end of the Pyramid or headline Other is huge

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That's a good point.

Could be longitude/latitude though, same weekend as lovebox and longitude is in Dublin so not in the U.K...

So a showdown between Glasto/Longitude/V?

Just now, ConorC said:

That's a good point.

Could be longitude/latitude though, same weekend as lovebox and longitude is in Dublin so not in the U.K...

So a showdown between Glasto/Longitude/V?

i think V can be ruled out (at least i hope so...) and i also don't see him being particularly likely for Latitude. he could well end up at one of Parklife or Wildlife, but Glastonbury looks like the most likely whichever way you look at it

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i think V can be ruled out (at least i hope so...) and i also don't see him being particularly likely for Latitude. he could well end up at one of Parklife or Wildlife, but Glastonbury looks like the most likely whichever way you look at it

I agree on Glasto being the most likely. Why do you think no to V, too late? I reckon they'd offer him a lot of money.

There's a chance he'd do parklife and not wildlife, the 2 are intertwined but for whatever reason some acts (as mentioned) will only do parklife.

Having been to parklife regularly I'm not sure he'd go down well there at all. Can already hear the talking over his set.

Glastonbury is the dream.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

nope never played before. can't see them sticking Frank and The Weeknd together on the bill and also can't see them sticking him up against other indie darlings The xx/Radiohead. if he's subbing/headlining Other then vs Foos makes the most sense imo

the more big acts seeming likely to be playing next year is making the top end of the lineup look awfully strong/packed - the list of acts who could play at the top end of the Pyramid or headline Other is huge

Not sure why he wouldn't go up against an indie act though? I won't see him either way to be fair.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure why he wouldn't go up against an indie act though? I won't see him either way to be fair.

Frank and Radiohead are huge in indie circles so i wouldn't imagine they'd stick them up against each other, although i guess it could happen. something a bit more lively/dancey vs Radiohead makes far more sense

12 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I agree on Glasto being the most likely. Why do you think no to V, too late? I reckon they'd offer him a lot of money.

There's a chance he'd do parklife and not wildlife, the 2 are intertwined but for whatever reason some acts (as mentioned) will only do parklife.

Having been to parklife regularly I'm not sure he'd go down well there at all. Can already hear the talking over his set.

Glastonbury is the dream.

V being later on in the year makes it look quite unlikely, and tbh i'd just hope that's not where he ends up

i could see Parklife/Wildlife trying to book him but agree that it'd be a bit shit and a lot of the slower numbers would be wasted for all the people up for going mAd4iT

Glastonbury. it has to be Glastonbury

Just now, rhg_99 said:

Great news although no one seems to be viewing Bestival as a possibility for him? They booked him before but he cancelled. 

yeah i'd forgotten about Bestival - it's a possibility, although the dates definitely suggest mid-year rather than September, and after their downsizing this year i'm unsure they'll be able to get acts of his size

was so pissed off when he pulled out in 2012. that lineup was stellar regardless but him being there would've been so good

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'd forgotten about Bestival - it's a possibility, although the dates definitely suggest mid-year rather than September, and after their downsizing this year i'm unsure they'll be able to get acts of his size

Ahh yes the dates do make it look that way. I guess Latitude is still a possibility, especially considering his name was in the  questionnaire/survey about future headliners. 

I'm already worried about who he will be clashing with if he's at Glastonbury!

Just now, DropBeat said:

So I've already decided I'm missing Foo Fighters to see Frank on Sunday night. The layers of hypotheses here are ridiculous. BUT I CAN'T WAIT. :lol:

I decided the same. Nice end to the weekend after Radiohead on the Friday and A Tribe Called Quest on Saturday at West Holts.

I'd be pretty confident it's Glastonbury. If he was at Latitude he likely wouldn't be at Lovebox, and Parklife or Wildlife would mean him being around a long time or coming over twice and he's meant to be touring the US pretty extensively. I guess confirmation of those shows won't be far off and we'll get a better insight.