Frank Ocean

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sadly I think any festival would be daft to book him now. His music is incredible, there's no arguing with that, but his lack of regard for his fans is off-putting.

Yup.

It’s a shame. He’s way too unpredictable as an artist.

Seem to be some rumours floating about that a new album is due imminently. Won’t hold my breath after the long Blonde rollout, but those thirteen little symbols highlighted at the bottom of the artwork for the single certainly look like they’re alluding to a bigger work. 

Song’s good but not blowing me away. I’m sure it’ll be a grower.

But aye, no chance of him appearing at Glastonbury - I’m sure he’s still stuck on his ‘headliner or nothing’ thing despite by all accounts not being able to pull it off last time round.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Back with new music. Really not expecting him to be at Glastonbury at all... but I guess there’s nothing wrong with getting your hopes up right?

I'm instantly into this. Proper vibes. As aforementioned though, I can't see Glasto happening. Would love to see him put on an iconic show but from the sound of it those are few and far between.

I saw Frank at his own gig back in 2013. Band was great, although completely still. He just paced around the stage singing and sometimes just crouched in front the crowd for a whole song. I loved that album so it was a fine gig. But I wouldn't be too excited to see him at glasto. 

Also, the cellphone crowd would be unbearable. 

49 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I really liked Nostalgia, Ultra back in the day and Channel Orange as well. Blonde never clicked with me at all though and I’ve really never got the hype.

Someone I know was at his Lovebox set and said it’s one of the worst sets they’ve ever seen.

Nah it had some incredible moments.