What small improvements did you spot? And what little things bugged you?

johnmcga

I've now been going to Glastonbury since 2007 and one of the things that makes me optimistic about the festival's future is that the organisers make myriad small improvements, every year.

So, what small improvements did you notice this year? I'll kick off:

• The toilets were the cleanest I can remember. I saw more volunteers cleaning them than ever before (what a job!) and I was even approached to fill in a survey about the toilets on Sunday morning.
  • The Avalon Inn had USB mobile charging points in it. It's been my favourite Glastonbury pub for years, but that's a genius move.
  • Recycling and rubbish bags were available from dispensers at the rubbish points. I don't ever remember this before — you had to ask the campsite crew and they typically ran out by Saturday.

And on the flipside, what little things bugged you? Here are mine:

• The £5 pint has properly arrived if you drink ale. The Avalon Inn - plus some others - were charging this as standard. It's still £3.50 for the same thing in the Bimble Inn.
  • There's still too much traffic on site. When it's muddy it's inconvenient and dangerous to have vans, cars, tractors and so on fightiing with crowds of people for the same space. I don't mind so much when it's a delivery of food or a poo truck, but there are too many Land Rovers driving through busy areas with one person in.
  • Random woodchip strategy. You'd walk through loads of mud, then randomly stumble upon a huge pile of woodchippings that haven't been spread out. Is there some reason they don't spread more? Is it hard to get hold of?
  • The Green Traveller scheme (which was always a bit shit) is now non-existent. There is now zero incentive to travel by train (as I do), except that it's usually quite a trouble-free journey. Shame.

the urinals for the top of The Park/top corner of Pennards were still tiny and completely unsuitable for the amount of people that try use them when it's busy, and were 2ft deep with mud all day Saturday and Sunday (at least) with seemingly no woodchips bothered to be put down at all. loads of people pissing in the hedge beside it as a result.

39 minutes ago, johnmcga said:

So, what small improvements did you notice this year? I'll kick off:

• The toilets were the cleanest I can remember. I saw more volunteers cleaning them than ever before (what a job!) and I was even approached to fill in a survey about the toilets on Sunday morning.
  • The Avalon Inn had USB mobile charging points in it. It's been my favourite Glastonbury pub for years, but that's a genius move.

And on the flipside, what little things bugged you? Here are mine:

• The £5 pint has properly arrived if you drink ale. The Avalon Inn - plus some others - were charging this as standard. It's still £3.50 for the same thing in the Bimble Inn.

I noticed a few toilet crew around which was great to see.

Charging points in Avalon, brilliant, didn't know that, cheers.

Pint prices varied, it was definitely £5 in Tricketts bar compared to less elsewhere. I didn't get a drink in Bumble bar this time, but will do in future.