Bath showground

Walter Sobchak

We almost ended up there but ignored the copper that told us East was shut permanently.   Found a layby just up the road from the turning off main road into site, where we waited a few hours before getting the nod from a nice young lady from Facebook.   We got straight in and relayed the info back to others waiting in the layby. 

Roughly how many ended up at the showground and what was it like getting a bus in and out every day? 

Bus in and out was fine. Every time we got to the stop the bus was waiting. Never waited for a bus on the way back either. Couple of hundred vehicles there perhaps. I think it would be a popular option if offered next year, hot showers, clean toilets and electric hook up (though not in the fields the festival goers were in)

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Bus in and out was fine. Every time we got to the stop the bus was waiting. Never waited for a bus on the way back either. Couple of hundred vehicles there perhaps. I think it would be a popular option if offered next year, hot showers, clean toilets and electric hook up (though not in the fields the festival goers were in)

Expensive for the festival. I believe it's owned by one of the farmers who are trying to screw more and more money out of Eavis. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged an absolute fortune for the use of the Showground this year. Had him over a barrel.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Expensive for the festival. I believe it's owned by one of the farmers who are trying to screw more and more money out of Eavis. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged an absolute fortune for the use of the Showground this year. Had him over a barrel.

Tha Bath & West Showground is owned by a charity established to promote 'agriculture and rural trades such as arts, manufacturing and commerce'.

I suspect your speculation is somwhat off the mark.

6 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Tha Bath & West Showground is owned by a charity established to promote 'agriculture and rural trades such as arts, manufacturing and commerce'.

I suspect your speculation is somwhat off the mark.

Added to the Micheal is president of the agricultural society this year and has done a lot to make great improvements to the annual Bath and West show, here didn't seem to be any issues with them stepping up to the mark and taking extra traffic this year, I'd suggest they may see it as an extra source of income. The facilities are pretty good there so I think there maybe possibilities. There's currently a lot of development going on there including building a school for pupils with ASD Ian's they have further development plans so who knows.

Wouldn't be surprised if all east campervans are directed to bath and west initially in future, they'll do glass and tickets checks there and in wet years manage the numbers heading into the fields. Will stop them blocking up all the surrounding roads.

43 minutes ago, KryziF said:

Wouldn't be surprised if all east campervans are directed to bath and west initially in future, they'll do glass and tickets checks there and in wet years manage the numbers heading into the fields. Will stop them blocking up all the surrounding roads.

Makes sense, isn't there even a cheeky little back route that is usually closed between the show ground and blue gate?