west campervan - way too far away

paulfoel

30 minutes ago, paulfoel said:

Piss take that they can sell tickets for people to walk in from here I thought. Miles away. Complete pisstake.

You could have looked at the site map before you bought tickets. Are you a serial complainer? Perhaps you should look at Love Fields which is just outside Gate C and would suit you perfectly 

If you had camped in the East Fields you could have been put at the bottom of the hill of death, which is right next to gate B and gets you into the Theatre District and Williams Green area in minutes.

But anything more than a sprinkle of rain and you are stuck there until

1  End of August or

2  Army come

1 minute ago, ivan said:

If you had camped in the East Fields you could have been put at the bottom of the hill of death, which is right next to gate B and gets you into the Theatre District and Williams Green area in minutes.

But anything more than a sprinkle of rain and you are stuck there until

1  End of August or

2  Army come

You're right - I'm still there - come rescue me ;-) (oh how I wish I was still in those muddy fields :-)

1 hour ago, paulfoel said:

Piss take that they can sell tickets for people to walk in from here I thought. Miles away. Complete pisstake.

Does it take lots of work to be as bigger prat as you obviously are?

Did you expect to roll up and park up in front of the Pyramid stage?

I hope you actually made an effort to enjoy some of the festival else those poor folks with you will have had theirs ruined by your moan moan moan moaning.

Far away from where? The Peel tent? Yeah. It is near the Park though!

I was in Hitchin Hill. Which is close to the Peel tent but fucking miles away from the Park. And the SE corner actually.

Do I win? Is that what the thread is about? 

May as well be called the "Glastonbury is huge" thread. 

Edited by The Nal

6 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

OP needs to go to Download - where you get to park more than 2 miles away - 'tis good exercise.

And, as an added bonus - the mud there is alive I tell you ALIVE!!!

Not true.  If you are in campervan at Download you have your own entrance into arena.  Less than  minutes to main stage.  Agree about the mud though

7 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

You're right - I'm still there - come rescue me ;-) (oh how I wish I was still in those muddy fields :-)

Me too. I'm on the red wine left overs, pining for a curry and some r@in on my poncho. 

On a more serious note, what's West like for distance from the Park and West Holts? These are generally my favourite areas, but we come in from East , and usually end up at the far end of those fields, walking to gate C to then head over to the Park. If we get tickets in October, I'm tempted by West for the CV next time.

Read loads of negativity about how far the camper van fields are from the festival (east cv 25 especially) before actually staying there. In reality it is a long walk but it never ever bothered me once and you don't notice it at all. You get to stop at nice clean porta loos along the way and before you know it you're at the gate. 

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Read loads of negativity about how far the camper van fields are from the festival (east cv 25 especially) before actually staying there. In reality it is a long walk but it never ever bothered me once and you don't notice it at all. You get to stop at nice clean porta loos along the way and before you know it you're at the gate. 

I agree about East 25 - I rather enjoy the saunter through the CV fields in the morning and at night to see all the local activity and how people have made little gardens for themselves and decorated their vans. 

My husband also realised that if you veer off to the right as you enter the bottom of the Hill of Death at night, you can zig-zag back to camp on a gentler slope, avoiding the crowds at the three food stalls. Takes a bit longer but it's not as tough on the lungs as the shorter climb directly up the hill.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

52 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I agree about East 25 - I rather enjoy the saunter through the CV fields in the morning and at night to see all the local activity and how people have made little gardens for themselves and decorated their vans. 

My husband also realised that if you veer off to the right as you enter the bottom of the Hill of Death at night, you can zig-zag back to camp on a gentler slope, avoiding the crowds at the three food stalls. Takes a bit longer but it's not as tough on the lungs as the shorter climb directly up the hill.

We were in East 25 this time, and it's the nearest we've ever been to gate C, since we turn up on the Weds (Thursday am this time). It was only about 10 minutes walk to the gate. I'll take that next time if possible.

looking at GlastoMap, it's actually closer than many of the East Campervan fields.

and it's not like there's empty fields closer that they could have used instead.

and it's hardly miles away, it's the same distance from The Park, as The Park is from the Other Stage.

if you're that precious about walking, then obviously Glastonbury isn't for you.

On 1 July 2016 at 1:53 PM, paulfoel said:

It's all soooo much closer if you stay at home and watch it on TV.  Many of us recommend you try this! ;)

On 1 July 2016 at 1:53 PM, paulfoel said:

I live in Lincoln which is 224 miles away from the pyramid stage, total piss take I tell you.....the walk home every night through PG B is a killer but by feck it's worth it.....maybe learn to play the guitar, get famous and camp backstage = problem solved.... Cheers