tickets year in year out

Caveyh

Hi, i went to glasto for the first time this year, 2016. I enjoyed it so much it was the best weekend I have ever had! I have been to Reading festival before. Since coming back I am now even more desperate to get tickets for next year's festival. I was just wondering there are people who get tickets year in year out, is there some sort of thing that if you have been before you are more likely to get into the festival? I suspect not but was just wondering. :D

3 minutes ago, Caveyh said:

Hi, i went to glasto for the first time this year, 2016. I enjoyed it so much it was the best weekend I have ever had! I have been to Reading festival before. Since coming back I am now even more desperate to get tickets for next year's festival. I was just wondering there are people who get tickets year in year out, is there some sort of thing that if you have been before you are more likely to get into the festival? I suspect not but was just wondering. :D

Tenacity.

Just wait until nearer ticket day on here then you will get to read all the wonderful teckie stuff about servers and browsers then all you will learn is that you need to keep pressing F5 and have a bit of luck!

Edited by Padgey

Make sure that everyone in your group is up in time and are properly trying for tickets, no half arsed efforts.  Everyone needs to be on their game refreshing madly for the full time the tickets are on sale - which isn't very long these days!

EDIT: And make sure all relevant details are ready to copy + paste onto the page.   No manual typing.  If you don't know how to copy + paste, then learn.

Basically, have your shit together.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Make sure that everyone in your group is up in time and are properly trying for tickets, no half arsed efforts.  Everyone needs to be on their game refreshing madly for the full time the tickets are on sale - which isn't very long these days!

EDIT: And make sure all relevant details are ready to copy + paste onto the page.   No manual typing.  If you don't know how to copy + paste, then learn.

Basically, have your shit together.

Best advice ever Mr 2H!! 

Groups are definitely the best way to increase your chances, unfortunately for me the past two years I have scored tickets for people who made absolutely no effort on the day, suspect I'm going to be asked again, want to say no but don't want to be mean. 
Charm x

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Groups are definitely the best way to increase your chances, unfortunately for me the past two years I have scored tickets for people who made absolutely no effort on the day, suspect I'm going to be asked again, want to say no but don't want to be mean. 
Charm x

Absolutely no way I would be making any effort for tickets for people who arent ready to pitch in. And I wouldn't care a jot if they thought I was the biggest c*nt in the world for it. Way too many people who want to go and put blood sweat and tears into getting the golden ticket. 

Techywise it is pure luck. Think of it as a lottery, obviously the more family, friends and neighbours you can rope into trying for you on their own devices is like buying more lottery tickets 

Leave your mobile(s) on 3G/4G so it has its own connection & set up as many independent connections to the Internet as you can with all of your devices. - hotspotting phones / mobile data routers etc 

lots of devices all sharing the same internet connection is a bit half assed if you want the best chances of landing a session 

also try all sales. You will regret not trying a coach sale when you don't get a sniff in the main sale

21 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Absolutely no way I would be making any effort for tickets for people who arent ready to pitch in. And I wouldn't care a jot if they thought I was the biggest c*nt in the world for it. Way too many people who want to go and put blood sweat and tears into getting the golden ticket. 

Thanks hun, makes me feel better about telling them no, think I would rather help someone here, know they would appreciate it more.  
Charm x