Standon Calling

Nick34

Hi all,

It's my first time at Standon Calling, I'm working the info/top up points. I'm going on my own as a few mates have dropped out.  Anyone else been to Standon? What's your thoughts and reviews? Anything I should definitely check out whilst I'm there? What's the vibe like, easy to get chatting to people?  

This will be my third year in a row, which speaks volumes.  It's a small but perfectly formed festival with a great crowd (always made new friends by the first night). If the weather is anything like last year...  My god! Dancing around the outdoor pool in the groove garden was like being in ibiza. Lots of great new acts to discover. Check out Rag n bone man. The food outlets are awesome as are the frozen margaritas they always have. Be aware it is a cashless festival. Also The Cowshed for late night shenanigans is where it's at. People really go to town with the fancy dress too. The theming last year was awesome,  they created a wild west style town with actors. You'll love it!

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Hopefully will meet some cool people the first few nights. This will be the first festival I've done in my own but sounds like a good one to start at. I've heard good things the last few years and really glad I'm going to make it this year, so will check out the places you mentioned. Looking forward to It!

On 04/07/2016 at 10:17 AM, neil999 said:

im going :D v difficult to find out info on it, cant find a map at all...also apprently band timings wont be released till actual festival, dunno if anyone can shed any light on map of the festival 

The only map I found was a couple of years old on Google - it will give you a rough idea. I messaged the festival who said this years map should be out  a couple of weeks before the start.

Standon-Calling-map-e1406562531618.jpg

This is from 2014 so might give some idea about set times.

SUN-e1406562748758.jpg

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The only map I found was a couple of years old on Google - it will give you a rough idea. I messaged the festival who said this years map should be out  a couple of weeks before the start.

Standon-Calling-map-e1406562531618.jpg

This is from 2014 so might give some idea about set times.

SUN-e1406562748758.jpg

thats great,cheers

any idea how long to walk from car parks to arena, we will have a buggy with us as well as bringing the baby(yikes)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It was the worst festival we have ever been to, and we have been to loads. We love The Park we hated this!

We are waiting to hear back from the organisers on numerous things and will report when we have had the 'conversation' with them.

really?! what were your issues? we didnt camp, is that were the problems are? we had friends in caravan who had no problems

1 hour ago, neil999 said:

really?! what were your issues? we didnt camp, is that were the problems are? we had friends in caravan who had no problems

Will not go public yet as I am giving the festival a chance to respond and deal with stuff but yes the main camp site was one of the issues especially the security team.

I had a great time! I was working as volunteer doing the wrist band top up, there were a few issues there which hopfully will get resolved next year in terms of auto top up not working etc. But as a whole I loved it, great music choice, good food and drinks, very friendly atmosphere, I had no problems striking up conversations with complete strangers which was good as I was here on my own. I can't comment on the camping as I stayed in staff camping which was fine. Overall a great little festival, will be back working again. 

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Will not go public yet as I am giving the festival a chance to respond and deal with stuff but yes the main camp site was one of the issues especially the security team.

That's a shame, hope nothing too harsh. The security team are new for this year I believe. 

We were at the festival, 2nd time, and had a really great weekend, in fact have bought early bird tickets for next year as they were on such a good offer.