The Nal

Radiohead Headlining 2017

That was flipping great through the stereo at home via BBC iplayer! :) A bit gutted about missing it but have to keep reminding myself that we saw them at the Roundhouse last year!

Wow, can't believe the negative comments. Maybe I was in a good spot or in the right frame of mind but I loved it. Ok, no reckoner but the rest of the set was nigh on perfect. Don't even mind admitting that I cried during let down, street spirit, and FPT

love the negative comments from the empty-headed masses, specially on social media. Reminds me that the majority of society have to be clueless for art to exist. Great art should comfort the disturb and disturb the comfortable

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

I was a bit surprised about the lack of AMSP material. They really did play across their albums though and apart from a couple of songs it's hard to argue too much with that setlist. 

They're one of those bands that you have to be familiar with a lot of their stuff to truly appreciate their live show.

They skipped a number of hits at Leeds in 2009 and they were incredible.

Edited by VCK

No Surprises, particularly the comment after it and the roar midway through the first verse, were the highlight, absolutely perfect. Hope Ed Sheeran was watching while practicing his embarrassing song actively bragging about refusing to be political. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Absolutely loved it from near the front. Where I was the crowd were singing every word. Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit, Lucky, Exit Music, Nude, Android, Pyramid Song, Creep, Karma Police were all phenomenal.

Saw them at nos alive last year and the screens were similar, but it was a much smaller crowd than Glastonbury so could see the band better

I was halfway between sound desk & stage to the right, didn't have completely clear view but when I stood on tiptoes could see very well! 

The crowd around me were young, but they were bang into it, I was quite surprised actually & made for a great gig. bit of chatter in the main set but for the encores they were giving it everything!

Amazing performance from a TV point of view.

Would have liked a few more MSP songs too. Loved it though 

11 minutes ago, AStormInHeaven said:

love the negative comments from the empty-headed masses, specially on social media. Reminds me that the majority of society have to be clueless for art to exist. Great art should comfort the disturb and disturb the comfortable

Shut up you pretentious twat

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

I was about 4 people back from the barrier and I thought it was pretty incredible. Let Down, FPT, Karma Police all amazing. I thought Nude sounded great too. Everyone around was singing the words to every song. Two guys cried beside me multiple times during the set.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Absolutely loved it from near the front. Where I was the crowd were singing every word. Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit, Lucky, Exit Music, Nude, Android, Pyramid Song, Creep, Karma Police were all phenomenal.

I'd say you were near me, I thought the whole thing was incredible.

4 minutes ago, AStormInHeaven said:

now now, play nicely

Speak for yourself mate, describing everyone who doesn't share your opinion as 'clueless', you absolute unbearable bellend 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

May as well add my two cents.. as a kind of neutral further back.  They/he started off quite poor.  If you were a fan and near the front you would probably have been dazzled by the spectacle (much like I was for gorillaz 2010, but look back on iPlayer and I think you'll spot his vocals we're spotty and the band mix was iffy.  Thom was frequently rushing his lines.

that said after about 30 mins it got as good as you would expect and was really enjoyable, so I'm really glad I stuck it out

It was pretty incredible based on the BBC feed. I can see what people mean with regards to the screens though. Very surprised by the lack of AMSP as others have said, fully expected Identikit to get an airing. 

Hoping for Manchester it's somewhere between the Dublin setlist and tonights. 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So good! Absolute banger fest from start to finish. I'm absolutely fucked and may have had a little cry.

Glad you enjoyed FloorF. No idea what you all look like but chose to believe that everyone balling their eyes out on the front row were the regulars in this thread :D