Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

As others have said the screens were an issue, which probably led to the casuals around us chattering throughout. 

Overall feeling was that it was a fantastic set, but the lack of Reckoner (which is my favourite song and would have been my "moment") was a kicker. 

• Upvote 1

Being a short arse, i didn't see the actual band once so the screens could have been better. Also no reckoner which is my favourite song but still the most wonderful amazing emotional experience I've ever had at a gig. I was frontish left and it was incredible. 

Edited by jed300
Boo boo

They've had 'dodgy' visuals at festivals for as long as I can remember. I was pretty close to the front, but can understand people's frustration.

Setlist wise it was perfect for me; Fake Plastic Trees was sublime. 

Shame about the annoying few spoiling it for others but you're at a festival and bound to get some idiots. 

I only watched from home so can't comment on atmosphere but I really cannot understand people complaining about set list??? Its one of the best I've seen!!! There are more than 2 Radiohead albums and they played most of the classics from them too.

Only one song from the from the latest album too.

What do people actually want!!?? Creep on.loop?

Yeah I really don't understand the set list complaints. It was the best one they've done in years and years. Reckoner was the only painful omission, but to only get 2 AMSP songs was a surprise and probably a welcome one given the context of the festival.

People keep saying the bangers came in the second half. They played Lucky 2nd and Airbag 4th. And then Ful Stop is the biggest banger off the new record as well. 

I think up to and including Weird Fishes the first half was definitely some stuff that may have gone way over a casual fans head. We may all adore the likes of Myxomatosis, but it was from Idioteque onwards that was the real tour-de-force of how many ludicrously good/big songs they have. Second half of the set was just insane. 

• Upvote 1

Tried to like it but just couldn't get into it - fair play to those that loved it but wasn't for me.

We headed up to Flaming Lips in Park instead and had the most amazing Glasto experience that will be with us forever so yeah - great evening, just not Radiohead for us. Quite a few seemed to be heading out to Lips or Dizzee.

I think it's fair to say if you're a huge fan, like many of us here, the set built perfectly to a massive final hour. If you were a casual fan, they probably should have thrown you a bone earlier on in the set (perhaps swap Let Down with Paranoid Android?). I think it was a perfectly constructed setlist and one of the best Radiohead have ever done, but that's coming from a die hard fan.

I love Myxo, but i think the track was a bit out of place. The casuals around me lost a bit of interest at that point and one guy was slagging off Thom's vocals after the song. Might have been a bit too out there for a Glastonbury headline set.

I saw them against my better judgement as our friends managed to persuade us to stay for it as we had planned to see the Flaming Lips. I'm not a Radiohead fan and I was certainly bored for the first part, but I can see that if you're a big fan it would've been brilliant. I think we were too far back to really appreciate it which is weird because with other headliners I've been just as far back and enjoyed plenty of other acts. Maybe it was to do with the visuals as others have said.

Absolutely amazing set list in my opinion. Thom's voice seemed a little shaky in a couple of songs but it will undoubtedly be the musical highlight for this year for me.

Surprised by the crowds. We were a little further back than usual, but it seemed one of the more empty pyramid headliners that I can remember seeing.

The one downside for me was that I was really hoping for Fitter Happier to be 'played' and into Electioneering. 

4 minutes ago, pjadnoo said:

Absolutely amazing set list in my opinion. Thom's voice seemed a little shaky in a couple of songs but it will undoubtedly be the musical highlight for this year for me.

Surprised by the crowds. We were a little further back than usual, but it seemed one of the more empty pyramid headliners that I can remember seeing.

The one downside for me was that I was really hoping for Fitter Happier to be 'played' and into Electioneering. 

I wasn't there but I was a bit worried beforehand that they'd struggle to attract a large crowd and more importantly, keep it if they don't get off to a good start with some hits. What size crowd are we talking relative to other headliners (I know that's difficult to guess at)? I'm assuming there were large spaces empty at the back of the field? 

I'm a bit worried about seeing them in manchester next week if the visuals were so bad that the people at the 'back' were giving up on it, and they weren't actually that far back compared to other headliners! 

They were always gonna have a small-ish crowd, especially compared to this years other two headliners where I can imagine the crowds are gonna be stupid busy.

Other than moving some of the big hitters to the front of the set I can't think of what else they could've done to improve that setlist. It was the kind of stuff people had been posting as a dream setlist on here but never imagined they'd actually play (especially after TKOL tour). Second half was just 13 should-be show closers in a row.