Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'd happily take Daft Punk, Ed Sheeeran and Radiohead (in that order too)

can I ask for that to stick? I can spend the saturday night elsewhere

Yep I'd stick on that one too. In fact it's as near perfect as possible. (Wouldn't personally want 3 nights at The Pyramid). 

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yep I'd stick on that one too. In fact it's as near perfect as possible. (Wouldn't personally want 3 nights at The Pyramid). 

yep the perfect scenario - two awesome nights at the Pyramid and one night elsewhere. i assume there'll be a pretty decent alternative to Sheeran over on Other (NIN plz) or elsewhere 

Pyramid: Daft Punk, Ed Sheeran, Radiohead

Other: some bullshiit band, Nine Inch Nails, Major Lazer

Rest of the stages: all terrible to avoid clashes

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yep the perfect scenario - two awesome nights at the Pyramid and one night elsewhere. i assume there'll be a pretty decent alternative to Sheeran over on Other (NIN plz) or elsewhere 

Just need a ticket now.......

......and and then for this all to fall into place! 

I do enjoying seeing a headliners from a mix of stages but after only seeing 1* Pyramid headliner in the last two years it would be great to have at least two next year in Radiohead and Daft Punk.

*don't count Kanye as I pissed off after 15 minutes 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I do enjoying seeing a headliners from a mix of stages but after only seeing 1* Pyramid headliner in the last two years it would be great to have at least two next year in Radiohead and Daft Punk.

*don't count Kanye as I pissed off after 15 minutes 

Where did you head to? We ended up at PSB. Far better shout. Although we managed to stick with Kanye for closer to 45 minutes :P

The thought of that NOS Alive set on the Pyramid next year gives me chills.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I wonder if they will try get ML and Jack U. NIN I doubt.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I wonder if they will try get ML and Jack U. NIN I doubt.

yeah NIN is more wishful thinking. Major Lazer i'd put money on headlining Other one night - can't see Jack U being another though. if Daft Punk end up being a Pyramid headliner i can see them putting a more straightforward rock act on Other to counter them, although i couldn't fathom a guess at who it'd be

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Where did you head to? We ended up at PSB. Far better shout. Although we managed to stick with Kanye for closer to 45 minutes :P

The thought of that NOS Alive set on the Pyramid next year gives me chills.

Ended up at West Holts for Mothership, a few of our group had gone there for the start of it so we just caught up with them. It was great, just had a dance to the funky produce while having a few beers at the right hand side of the stage

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The National....

That would be genuinely painful. I undoubtedly prefer The National, but might not get the chance to see Daft Punk again, but then, when would I get to see The National at Glastonbury again? But then, Daft Punk on the Pyramid would be a 'I was there' moment. 

I feel ill.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah NIN is more wishful thinking. Major Lazer i'd put money on headlining Other one night - can't see Jack U being another though. if Daft Punk end up being a Pyramid headliner i can see them putting a more straightforward rock act on Other to counter them, although i couldn't fathom a guess at who it'd be

I'd go for System of a Down but again, as I've said elsewhere, I think Download and R+L will be throwing money at bands like that if they are around. Although I guess there's no reason why a band like SOAD couldn't do Glastonbury and another festival.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jack U could be Saturday against Sheeran although I guess that's a lot of young fans for both. Would Jack U have to headline?

The National had two opportunities two years running and didn't so I don't see it. Alt-J could do it if around to be fair, they would sub next time anyway. There is a very good chance of the other two nights if Daft Punk is one headliner of being dance acts on Other given the last two years.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I really hope they get a hurry on at announcing their own dates for 2017. If I miss out on a ticket and they start getting announced for all these European events, I don't know if I have the stomach to resist all these certain tickets for just the chance of resale tickets. Anyone else getting a similar feeling?

A UK tour with the old 'Glasto-shaped hole' would be the best case scenario. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That would be genuinely painful. I undoubtedly prefer The National, but might not get the chance to see Daft Punk again, but then, when would I get to see The National at Glastonbury again? But then, Daft Punk on the Pyramid would be a 'I was there' moment. 

I feel ill.

2 of my all time favourites but it would have to be Daft Punk wouldn't it? Tough choice though. 

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah because then if you get the Glastonbury ticket, you've also got a UK tour date ticket immediately around the festival that Thom will break your arm if you resell.

And he's got that wee guy, low centre of gravity, strength as well. My arm would snap like a twig.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

A UK tour with the old 'Glasto-shaped hole' would be the best case scenario. 

This might be selfish but I kinda hope if they do Glastonbury it won't be surrounded by UK tour dates. Save the UK tour for next autumn/winter. Make the Glastonbury show this mega event.

9 hours ago, jparx said:

This might be selfish but I kinda hope if they do Glastonbury it won't be surrounded by UK tour dates. Save the UK tour for next autumn/winter. Make the Glastonbury show this mega event.

I can't see radiohead doing a full UK tour, think the best we can hope for is 2 gigs in the north and south like the In rainbows tour.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Out of my current Other headliner trio of Major Lazer, NIN, The xx, I'd put it as:

Daft Punk vs NIN (fuck knows what I'd do)

Ed Sheeran vs The xx

Radiohead vs Major Lazer

Would much prefer NIN and The xx to swap which would also work I think.

Other guitary alternatives to play against Daft Punk could be The National as mentioned above (again would be horrible), Bon Iver, Royal Blood perhaps (would be perfect but I expect Pyramid sub).

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Out of my current Other headliner trio of Major Lazer, NIN, The xx, I'd put it as:

Daft Punk vs NIN (fuck knows what I'd do)

Ed Sheeran vs The xx

Radiohead vs Major Lazer

Would much prefer NIN and The xx to swap which would also work I think.

Other guitary alternatives to play against Daft Punk could be The National as mentioned above (again would be horrible), Bon Iver, Royal Blood perhaps (would be perfect but I expect Pyramid sub).

aye i'm with you on all of that. Daft Punk vs NIN would absolutely awful. didn't think The xx would return to headline Other again but it's definitely the best slot for them (although they nailed subbing Bestival, but granted had the benefit of the earlier sunset). headlining Other and headlining Bestival next year must surely be pretty likely. any of NIN, Bon Iver, The National or The xx vs Daft Punk would really suck though and all seem like likely options as a more 'rock' alternative. fingers crossed for Royal Blood though although like you say, can see them being the Foals of this year and subbing Pyramid as well as co-headlining Reading/Leeds. not sure which headliner out of our current three they'd be better suited to subbing though

once again though, with Major Lazer, NIN, The xx, Bon Iver, Royal Blood, The National, plus whoever else, there are far too many good likely Other headliners/Pyramid subs active next year that we're bound to end up losing out on some of them (NIN unfortunately seem the least likely just as they're a big of a wildcard amongst all the other more obvious options)

edit: shit thought this was the headliner thread. apologies for the incredibly un-Radiohead related long post

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

I'm expecting 2 gigs at the O2 (hopefully 3 or 4) and two in Manchester (maybe Glasgow too?)

Would be great to have a slightly more extensive UK tour, and hopefully they will play some sizeable venues on the European mainland too

said it before but it's 2003 since radiohead really did a full scale UK tour.

Just can't see it happening though