Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Breaking up Kid A is sacrilege! Out of all Radiohead's albums it's the one which needs to be listened to as a whole the most.

That run of Optimistic - In Limbo - Idioteque - Morning Bell is just incredible and all the songs flow so well. And I think MPS carries so much more emotional weight because of what comes before it. 

Edited by arcade fireman

10 hours ago, donkeykong said:

I agree that Kid A rewards being listened to as a whole more than most. I guess it's interesting which songs were picked for each of Kid A and Amnesiac given the strength of the songs on the whole.

I certainly hope that Kid A gets the same 20 year anniversary treatment as OKC, although I can understand why it probably won't 

Imagine the outtakes and alternate versions they could release. Stuff like 'follow me around' etc.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Anyone on here a fan of Black Mirror? If you haven't already, watch Shut Up & Dance. A certain Radiohead song gets played at the end of the episode and it works so brilliantly well. It left me shook.

Black Mirror is mad - new series next year. That episode is rank. Definitely the most uncomfortable one to watch imo.

9 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Anyone on here a fan of Black Mirror? If you haven't already, watch Shut Up & Dance. A certain Radiohead song gets played at the end of the episode and it works so brilliantly well. It left me shook.

Yeah, that bit's great.  Legion also uses a Radiohead song very well in one of its episodes.

5 hours ago, jyoung said:

Black Mirror is mad - new series next year. That episode is rank. Definitely the most uncomfortable one to watch imo.

Up until the last 10 mins I thought it was quite tame but that ending was very disturbing. I rewatched it today and I thought how did I not spot it to begin with? 

5 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Up until the last 10 mins I thought it was quite tame but that ending was very disturbing. I rewatched it today and I thought how did I not spot it to begin with? 

Yeah man, that's the thing - the ending just hits like a tonne of bricks. I didn't see it coming at all but maybe I'm just thick ha. 

Also, to stay on topic... Lots of Radiohead in Westworld too for anybody who cares.

54 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yeah man, that's the thing - the ending just hits like a tonne of bricks. I didn't see it coming at all but maybe I'm just thick ha. 

Also, to stay on topic... Lots of Radiohead in Westworld too for anybody who cares.

In hindsight, it did seem obvious that they might have gone that way, but totally blindsided me.

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In hindsight, it did seem obvious that they might have gone that way, but totally blindsided me.

I was rooting for him up till the final 5 mins then when that got revealed I really didn't know what to think.

p.s: It's fucking hard to talk about episodes of Black Mirror without giving something away.