Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

...just don't get a b-tech media studies student to do the visuals on the next tour. He did scrape a D for effort though so good on him. Areas to improve were 'variety,  originality and to try not to full back on dated clichés' 

Personally I think he was let off lightly with that grade. 

Edited by danbailey80

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

...just don't get a b-tech media studies student to do the visuals on the next tour. He did scrape a D for effort though so good on him. Areas to improve were 'variety,  originality and to try not to full back on dated clichés' 

Personally I think he was let of lightly with that grade. 

Show the band on the big screens properly. Innovative cutting edge idea.

People who are far back in the crowd who can't see the stage properly like to see what's going on. 

You can get away with not showing the band if the visuals are creative and interesting and add to the overall experience/ emotional impact. I had expected at least half creative, effective visuals, and half showing band playing live. It doesn't have to be massive and overwhelming - U2's recent Joshua Tree tour, with Anton Corbin doing the cinematography I hear was a good example. What I got, and I think the whole tour got, was Nathan Barley Shoreditch club circa 2002 shit. "Oooh look, it looks a bit 80s commodore 64..." 

To be honest I am a little annoyed not one of my Radiohead fan friends warned me about this. Good has come from it though. I will forever watch a band I love close to the Pyramid stage from now on...I cannot risk that again. Most of all I am furious with myself for not being close I am sure it was incredible up there.