Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

On 7/11/2017 at 6:51 PM, majormajormajor said:

The OKNOTOK cassette has leaked.

I'm trawling through it now. It's a treasure trove. The Let Down demo almost made me cry. The old True Love Waits tape loop ended up Pull Revolving Doors. And I'm only a few songs in :D:D:D

https://uploadfiles.io/4k3qt

Thanks for this. Only started listening this morning but that version of MPS is amazing.

On 14/07/2017 at 11:32 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thought I'd add this to the Israel debate. Some interesting points, don't think he has researched his argument incredibly but I agree with the general sentiment of what he's saying.

In my personal opinion of course the should. The cultural ban is a load of bollocks and just creates more division! The Israel/palestine debate is complicated, both sides are or have been as bad/stupid as each other over the years. Unfortunately it's fashionable to be pro Palestine so this kind of crap goes on. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm sure you've all seen it by now but Ed's signature Strat is absolutely gorgeous. Tempted to chop my telecaster against it. 

Oooooh I gawked at that guitar so much at the Manchester show when I realised the pickup combination! Interesting to see Fender release a guitar with Fernandes gear inside.

I really want to create a Jonny style Tele Plus (except with a single coil sized hot humbucker - re-routing a Tele for the bridge humbucker would be too risky). Just trying to decide if I want to go whole hog American Tele or just get a mid-range Mexico since I'm chucking the innards out anyway.

2 hours ago, fowls said:

Oooooh I gawked at that guitar so much at the Manchester show when I realised the pickup combination! Interesting to see Fender release a guitar with Fernandes gear inside.

I really want to create a Jonny style Tele Plus (except with a single coil sized hot humbucker - re-routing a Tele for the bridge humbucker would be too risky). Just trying to decide if I want to go whole hog American Tele or just get a mid-range Mexico since I'm chucking the innards out anyway.

Mexican Tele would do the job surely? I've currently got a Modern Player Plus and it's a beast of a guitar. My rule is to only have three guitars so as much as I love it, trading it up for that Strat is seriously tempting! 

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Mexican Tele would do the job surely? I've currently got a Modern Player Plus and it's a beast of a guitar. My rule is to only have three guitars so as much as I love it, trading it up for that Strat is seriously tempting! 

Three guitars of each type surely?  SO you have to have a six string electric, six string steel acoustic, 12 string acoustic,  12 string electric, six string nylon, 4 string electric bass, 5 string electric bass...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jparx said:

I have two electrics (Epi Dot and Reverend Double Agent), and an acoustic. The long-term dream is to get a Tele and a Strat to cover the major groups, but it all depends on how sensible I'm feeling.  The Tele Plus is definitely highest on my want-list, but not sure if I want to come up with something myself or get the modern player plus (not sure how I feel about that middle pickup!). I quite like the idea of getting a hot bridge humbucker and a classic neck pickup, but not sure if that would be a great mix or a monstrosity. With pickups it's a lot of trial and error....

Bringing it back on topic: If I got a Strat, it would be nothing like Ed's. It looks a lovely guitar to have on the side, but if you're only going to get one Strat, you really want that classic Strat sound! That long sustain is great on Myxomatosis but not the most versatile tool around.

Edited by fowls

Loving the OKNOTOK Cassette. Let Down and Motion Picture Sountrack are glorious. Also really enjoyed the acoustic Airbag.

Would love it if they incorporated some of that Paranoid Android with organ into a live setting. Think that would be pretty special. Also that clip that highlights Phils drumming in Paranoid Android really shows his talent IMO

Edited by ThomThomDrum

OKNOTOK Cassette is certainly interesting but showcases how much better the final versions of those songs are. 

Motion Picture Soundtrack is about the only one that feels like an alternative version as opposed to really rough and early demos. 

Paranoid Android organ solo is amazing and I'd love to hear that version of it at some stage. Sounds even better than the recorded version. 

Has anyone here had the pleasure of coming across previous incarnations of other songs in a live setting? 

The RH Glasto set on iPlayer stops in 6 days according to the BBC site. Is there no way on earth that it can be located on the web after this? I'd planned a right old sesh listening to this back in mid August with a mate who wasn't there. I've purposely not watched any back yet. I see there are individual tracks on You Tube, unsure if it's every song of the setlist or if that'll stay there. Any ideas? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

The RH Glasto set on iPlayer stops in 6 days according to the BBC site. Is there no way on earth that it can be located on the web after this? I'd planned a right old sesh listening to this back in mid August with a mate who wasn't there. I've purposely not watched any back yet. I see there are individual tracks on You Tube, unsure if it's every song of the setlist or if that'll stay there. Any ideas? Thanks.

This thread should help:

Dead good. Seen them three times in three very different locations on this tour, with three very different groups of people. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so I'm happy for them to head off for a while, and I'm extremely excited to see what they do next.

Edited by Tuna