Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just now, russycarps said:

The light I could handle, but bad sound is unforgivable. Hopefully it wasnt at hyde park levels of quietness tho!

I wasn't in the golden circle, but was quite close to the front of the rest. Myxomatosis lacked definite punch.

The sound did improve a little, but there needed to be a speaker stack after the golden circle, it was obvious.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I have to say I didn't think it was a quiet gig at all. I was quite close to the front though so maybe it was worse further back.

Yeah no issues with sound from 3/4 back in front circle. Screens seemed to stop showing any of the band at one point though.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I'm sure it'll be alright on the night, I don't have that much faith in DF to pull it off completely hitch free.  At the least I'd expect huge queues for facilities and pretty insubstantial sound.

Was it DF for Greenday as well? Shameful scenes yesterday.

26 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

If it rains, we cancel. New policy.

Lol !

With the numbers in the field and the size of stage for Friday the view will be fine. Weather set fair, its the sound that's the worry plus the late finish.

50 min gap after B&S then most folk having to miss the end if they are on public transport. Bonkers !

Seemed pretty apparent from the crowd where I was that a lot of people probably just thought 'fuck it' and bought tickets when they went back on sale. People in front of me pretty much talked through anything other than the big singles. Guess it's my own fault for turning up minutes before they were due on stage. D'oh.

9 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I was wearing the pink Floyd t-shirt, to confirm my identity. So weird to see you post that, what are the chances!?!

Cannot wait to see them in Glasgow now. I'd imagine the atmosphere will be better, however cannot see the setlist being topped.

Yep you're definitely the guy I was talking about! That is the third weird radiohead-related thing to happen to me since Glasto. So strange!

Enjoy Glasgow. I'm jealous. 

On 03/07/2017 at 9:17 PM, Fred Zepplin said:

Just watched Radiohead set and the flaming lips. The lips looked great fun but Waynes voice isn't great and watching the Radiohead set again confirms I made the right choice. It was better than I remember it and Thoms voice sounds great. Had to close the curtains as I couldn't stop myself getting up and dancing, how people can say they are boring and dreary is beyond me.

Just posted this over in Flips thread, but is also suitable for here. Interesting take ....

http://thequietus.com/articles/22761-radiohead-glastonbury-2017-review

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

The light I could handle, but bad sound is unforgivable. Hopefully it wasnt at hyde park levels of quietness tho!

I was at the front so had a different perspective from others in the ground but from where I was the sound was fine. 

The daylight made surprisingly little difference, perhaps helped by the cloud cover, but the lighting looked great from the off.

The band was on great form, and Thom really engaged with the crowd. The latter was a mixed bag, not the greatest atmosphere.

Would have liked a bit more variation from Glastonbury. Surprisingly few AMSP tracks now getting an airing. I did really enjoy it, but it didn't have the magic of Glastonbury.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seemed pretty apparent from the crowd where I was that a lot of people probably just thought 'fuck it' and bought tickets when they went back on sale. People in front of me pretty much talked through anything other than the big singles. Guess it's my own fault for turning up minutes before they were due on stage. D'oh.

We got in as doors opened in the front standing area, pretty much 5 rows back from Jonny and even there 50% of the crowd looked completely confused when they opened with Let Down! Crowd only really picked up for the encores where I was standing

15 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Just posted this over in Flips thread, but is also suitable for here. Interesting take ....

http://thequietus.com/articles/22761-radiohead-glastonbury-2017-review

Agree with a lot of that, my first reaction as posted on here was one of disappointment mainly due to the twats around me. It was only after a period of reflection and rewatching chunks of it that I realised how much I actually had enjoyed it. 

55 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

50 min gap after B&S then most folk having to miss the end if they are on public transport. Bonkers !

Yeah, really poor decision. If the struggling sales are to be believed then this could be another nail in the DF coffin.

5 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Yeah, really poor decision. If the struggling sales are to be believed then this could be another nail in the DF coffin.

Given the amount I'm still getting spammed then sales must have been pretty poor.

On the plus side, Belle & Sebastian have started mixing up their setlists again after a few years of GIPTWTD dominance, so they should be fun.