Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just now, Rubber Soldier said:

Bizarre. Who are all these people who are paying money to see Radiohead but don't mark out when they play stuff like this? 

Don't worry, I jabbed a few people and told them to react which they nervously did.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Bizarre. Who are all these people who are paying money to see Radiohead but don't mark out when they play stuff like this? 

Was seriously surrounded by people who didn't bat an eyelid for half of that set. Frustrating. Why go for a front standing ticket and not be arsed about half the songs?! Still had a blast screaming the lyrics at the back of their heads though. 

No Reckoner or HTDC but ah well - HTDC remains on my checklist. Last one of my 'must sees' to go! 

Just now, barkley87 said:

I really thought they were going to come out to a third encore. It took them a while to put the music on, I guess they were enjoying listening  to the singalong.

Yeah though they were gonna do impromptu Creep as they have done in the past, but fuck it, got 26 songs which just never happens. Also I Promise was beautiful despite most people around me not having a clue what it was.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah though they were gonna do impromptu Creep as they have done in the past, but fuck it, got 26 songs which just never happens. Also I Promise was beautiful despite most people around me not having a clue what it was.

Yeah we were spoilt enough! I wasn't a massive fan of I promise before but thought it was beautiful live. It's changed my opinion on the song. 

Identikit was also amazing. 

Edited by barkley87
Identikit

1 minute ago, rjb94 said:

Enjoyed that but it was a fair way off Glasto I reckon, though I was miles back which didn't help. They seemed to be having a great time though, and The Bends was superb.

I had just has much fun as at glasto and thought they were just as good as at Glasto, but Glasto was more special because...glasto. Still absolutely fantastic tonight though!

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't believe you guys got The Bends. The one song I really wanted at G and thought nah, no chance...

Fucking hell.

If it's any consolation, it was fucking ace ;) 

So wired that I can barely even type. Still reeling from how good that was. FUCK. 

Imagine they opened with my favourite song of all time and I got into the venue one minute before they came on (and there were thousands of people behind me in the queue who seemed to still be entering the stadium until half way through the gig). What went on there? I arrived at like quarter past 7 and there were queues everywhere. If I'd turned up 5 mins later and missed it I'd have been absolutely fuming.

The fucking Bends! Opened with my favourite song and played my second favourite as the penultimate song of the night. Ridiculous scenes. Even though I knew they'd soundchecked it I didn't expect it at all. After I Promise I assumed it was gonna be Karma Police but then he stepped up with his electric guitar and gave that little speech and I knew it was in the bag.

On the whole it was nowhere near Glasto. I was seated on account of planning to go with my dad (who didn't even end up coming so I could have swapped for front standing if I'd have known earlier, grr), and no one around me seemed to give a fuck. I was next to the aisle and spent the entire show listening to stewards talking to people trying to leave/enter the general admission standing to go to the bar/toilet. Also the light factor took away from it and it was pretty quiet where I was for a lot of it (first half of All I Need was quieter than the stewards next to me).

Ah well, good gig on the whole and I'm glad I went. The Bends the undisputed highlight.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Also the light factor took away from it and it was pretty quiet where I was for a lot of it (first half of All I Need was quieter than the stewards next to me).

Love All I Need but didn't think it was great tonight.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was seriously surrounded by people who didn't bat an eyelid for half of that set. Frustrating. Why go for a front standing ticket and not be arsed about half the songs?! Still had a blast screaming the lyrics at the back of their heads though. 

No Reckoner or HTDC but ah well - HTDC remains on my checklist. Last one of my 'must sees' to go! 

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

THE BENDS THOUGH.

I got pretty much everything I wanted at GF, so if they play The Bends or Planet Telex on Friday I will shit the bed. 

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Imagine they opened with my favourite song of all time and I got into the venue one minute before they came on (and there were thousands of people behind me in the queue who seemed to still be entering the stadium until half way through the gig). What went on there? I arrived at like quarter past 7 and there were queues everywhere. If I'd turned up 5 mins later and missed it I'd have been absolutely fuming.

The fucking Bends! Opened with my favourite song and played my second favourite as the penultimate song of the night. Ridiculous scenes. Even though I knew they'd soundchecked it I didn't expect it at all. After I Promise I assumed it was gonna be Karma Police but then he stepped up with his electric guitar and gave that little speech and I knew it was in the bag.

On the whole it was nowhere near Glasto. I was seated on account of planning to go with my dad (who didn't even end up coming so I could have swapped for front standing if I'd have known earlier, grr), and no one around me seemed to give a fuck. I was next to the aisle and spent the entire show listening to stewards talking to people trying to leave/enter the general admission standing to go to the bar/toilet. Also the light factor took away from it and it was pretty quiet where I was for a lot of it (first half of All I Need was quieter than the stewards next to me).

Ah well, good gig on the whole and I'm glad I went. The Bends the undisputed highlight.

Yeah nailed it mate. People just having conversations through song they didn't know/weren't arsed about annoyed me a fair bit but fuck it. 

Queues getting in were ridiculous. So many people still waiting/coming in as they started. Plus got sent the total wrong direction for the front so had to battle my way through a fair few pissed off people at the start of the set. Nitpicking though - performance wise is was insane.

Just now, cammie81 said:

Love All I Need but didn't think it was great tonight.

Yeah never been too arsed about that song and it didn't really seem to make much of an impact tonight. Should've been goddamn Reckoner. Will be so pissed if all you TRSMT people get it. 

16 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

I had just has much fun as at glasto and thought they were just as good as at Glasto, but Glasto was more special because...glasto. Still absolutely fantastic tonight though!

Oh absolutely, thought the performance was better if anything. Thom was on fantastic form.

3 minutes ago, rjb94 said:

Oh absolutely, thought the performance was better if anything. Thom was on fantastic form.

Yep seemed fully up for putting on a great show under re obviously unfortunate circumstances. Will always wonder 'what if' about those two back to back Manchester Arena shows, but fuck it, this was incredibly special anyway.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1