Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

They've been sound checking Optimistic in this tour, will they play it? Will they fuck.

Yep been waiting for it to pop up all tour (and secretly hoping it was gonna come at Glastonbury). Shame - would've loved for that to be brought back. Was the instant favourite (for obvious reasons) on my first few listens through Kid A.

24 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

This isn't a "Aren't Radiohead so fucking brilliant post"...well, maybe...but are there any other bands around that could have everyone on tenterhooks with regards to what songs there going to play on a tour that's over a year old?

Well most bands don't vary their setlists as much as Radiohead do.

Buf mostly it's just because Radiohead fans are mental. As evidenced by this thread :lol:

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is nothing compared to the setlist agonies and ecstasies that Springsteen fans go through 

Fair enough, didn't think about him. I only own one Bruce album - Nebraska. Can't imagine he plays much off that?

Bob Dylan probably puts his fans through the ringer too, I imagine. Even if you get your favourite tune on the night, he's liable to do a 23-minute "reworking" of it.

He's actually liable to dip into Nebraska fairly regularly, albeit usually the same 2 or 3 songs - I think he's played Johnny 99 at just about every show I've ever seen.  He was doing a rollicking big band version of Open All Night a few years back.

In recent years Dylan's sets have become fairly static, but back in the day he definitely also mixed it up a bit.

15 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Nebraska is a great album, albeit one I'm likely to stick on on a Sunday morning hangover/ comedown. Mad to think he went from that to Born In The USA in 3/4 years. I should investigate him more really.

Springsteen/ Dylan/ Radiohead then?

Luck of the draw with Bruce. Due to his pledge to play The River in full across America last year, the US arena setlists were fairly static. 

But then by the time he crashed into Europe, it was anybody's guess again. Picked out a cover of CCR's Travelin' Band on a whim the night I caught him.