Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

3 hours ago, AStormInHeaven said:

love the negative comments from the empty-headed masses, specially on social media. Reminds me that the majority of society have to be clueless for art to exist. Great art should comfort the disturb and disturb the comfortable

I've read some pretty incredible stuff on here in my time, but that takes the biscuit.  Dear oh dear. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

That's a silly thing to say. I assume you're wrapped up in the moment. I'm a big Radiohead fan but that set didn't do much for me. From my perspective it felt indulgent and dull. There wasn't anything in the way of connection and I was left non plussed, as were almost everyone around me. 

I was talking mainly from a set list perspective. That was as casual friendly as you could ever have hoped for. 

Setlist was great. The only issue was letting a GCSE media studies student do the visuals. Staggeringly shit. Surely the band didn't all agree to that? 

Would have loved to have seen my childhood heroes actually play their instruments for just one song but not to be. 

Edited by danbailey80

I was watching from home unfortunately but that was fucking epic! Smashed off my tits on supermarket Brothers the start was undoubtedly a little shaky but once they got into it was fucking amazing. Fake plastic trees gave me goosebumps all over and I swear it got a little dusty my living room!

Amazing stuff!

8 hours ago, ticketboy69 said:

We were really looking forward to this and took our usual position in the second half of the field. Unfortunately the artistic decision to create some sort of kaleidoscope of images doesn't work and flattens the experience for anyone who can't see the stage.  The images on the screens where indecipherable.

We left early because the whole thing felt flat and didn't engage us.  And we love Radiohead. 

Spot on. 

• Upvote 1

Objective review time as a neutral watching from home.

Intersting and accomplished performance, felt slow in parts but probably down to a lack of familiartiy of some of the material. Light show was quite good at home, but as others have said at home we also get close ups of the band. In terms of engament with the crowd I agree with screen should have shown the band, we all know it's a big old field and whilst you can love he music, if you don't know it too well (like me) then I feel it really helped to see the passion and intensity of Thom & co's face and their actions as they played and sang. Had I been i the field I expect I would have been at risk of walking away because of this. 

Anyway glad so many people enjoyed it, I'm hoping they stream Dropkick Murphys today which may tell you need to know about my musical tastes!

I didn't enjoy it.

This is partly down to me, my favourite band in my favourite place, I'd built it up in my head to be some sort of religious moment that it could never top.

However the main problem was the people around me. Mrs Jass is pregnant so we watched from quite far back and everyone around us were just c**ts. I'm used to Radiohead crowds where people shut up and listen. Had three people in front of me who just moaned loudly through the first few songs. They finally started packing up and I said to Mrs Jass a little too loudly "Thank God they're going". This lead to a woman berating me all through EIIRP and I finally snapped and yelled "if you're not liking it then fuck off!" This lead to Mrs Jass getting the hump with me and me sulking through the rest of the set. Quietly seething whilst everyone was chattering around me.

Sorry to hear you had a rough time Jass. I was pretty close to the front and I had a few chatters near me as well. Seeing Pyramid Song on the Pyramid was magical, but a few people were getting right on my tits during that song.

Fake Plastic Trees will live with me forever though. Was it better than All My Friends last year? Maybe?!

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I didn't enjoy it.

This is partly down to me, my favourite band in my favourite place, I'd built it up in my head to be some sort of religious moment that it could never top.

However the main problem was the people around me. Mrs Jass is pregnant so we watched from quite far back and everyone around us were just c**ts. I'm used to Radiohead crowds where people shut up and listen. Had three people in front of me who just moaned loudly through the first few songs. They finally started packing up and I said to Mrs Jass a little too loudly "Thank God they're going". This lead to a woman berating me all through EIIRP and I finally snapped and yelled "if you're not liking it then fuck off!" This lead to Mrs Jass getting the hump with me and me sulking through the rest of the set. Quietly seething whilst everyone was chattering around me.

This happened to me too! Girls in front kept doing lines,giggling and nattering through all the set 

The screen issue was a poor choice, but overall enjoyed it! I would have liked to have got closer for a better view and probably higher volume as where we were on the right just wasnt that loud! But i had 2 others with me who wouldnt have been up for going closer.

let down & lotus flower were great as well as the big hits!

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Was stood next to a group of lads who were talking about watching setlists like a hawk and did wonder if they were fellow efesters. Didn't wanna ask though, cause,y'know, might've been weird/my jaw was resting on my shoe. 

We spoke to some randomer about setlists before hand.