Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

17 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Praying the second one as a more casual Radiohead man.

I think regardless of what they do tonight we'll definitely get all the hits on Friday.

The Gloaming getting played tonight would be absolute best case. Get that, All I Need, Identikit and You and Whose Army? (and any other non-bangers that have been semi-regulars) done tonight so we can have some rammers instead on Friday (All I Need is good but so many better choices for Glasto).

15 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I think regardless of what they do tonight we'll definitely get all the hits on Friday.

The Gloaming getting played tonight would be absolute best case. Get that, All I Need, Identikit and You and Whose Army? (and any other non-bangers that have been semi-regulars) done tonight so we can have some rammers instead on Friday (All I Need is good but so many better choices for Glasto).

Defo with you on The Gloaming. If they can roll that one out tonight - and avoid a clutch of the semi-regular bangers such as FPT, Reckoner, Let Down and There There - then feeling mighty fine to see three or all four of them at the Farm.

*prays once more for FPT*

my final prediction. don't honestly think this will be accurate, but decided to go for an outright hits set.

1. Airbag
  2. 15 Step
  3. Ful Stop
  4. The National Anthem
  5. Lucky
  6. There There
  7. Myxomatosis
  8. Pyramid Song
  9. Identikit
  10. Let Down
  11. Bloom
  12. Nude
  13. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  14. The Numbers
  15. Everything In Its Right Place
  16. Idioteque
  17. Bodysnatchers

18. Daydreaming
  19. Reckoner
  20. No Surprises
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

23. Creep
  24. Fake Plastic Trees
  25. Karma Police

Right folks, if we don't cross paths before Friday, enjoy. Feels like this thread (or versions of it) have been going since I started posting, after the disappointment of last year it's time to finally enjoy the fact that Radiohead are headlining Glastonbury once again. 

Whether it's stroking your beard or mopping up your tears enjoy yourself on Friday night, I think we've earned it. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Right folks, if we don't cross paths before Friday, enjoy. Feels like this thread (or versions of it) have been going since I started posting, after the disappointment of last year it's time to finally enjoy the fact that Radiohead are headlining Glastonbury once again. 

Whether it's stroking your beard or mopping up your tears enjoy yourself on Friday night, I think we've earned it. 

Aye - see you all in the pit!

41 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Have a blast Swedge. I'll be thinking of you when they play Reckoner.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still every chance of FPT and Let Down. We haven't reached peak defcon yet people. I still think the Glastonbury set list will buck some of the trends from recent shows.

I'm starting to calm down. Hope you're right. Feel I can trust your statements as you also have Dale Cooper as your icon. Cheers!

1 minute ago, donkeykong said:

For what it's worth, I agree. A combination of that interview someone posted yesterday and the fact they finished on HTDC in the one place it makes most sense gives me real hope for something special on Friday 

It had crossed my mind when i saw that, but I was too busy being crushed by desolation at the Irish potentially getting FPT over the Farm, of all places. (No offence Dublin, hope you loved it!)

So (bear with) tracks missing from last night that we're played in the two bonkers Italy shows:..

1 Karma Police
2 Exit Music
3 Lucky
4 Nude
5 Reckoner
6 Weird Fishes
7 Myxomatosis
8 There There
9 Street Spirit
10 Pyramid Song
11 Creep

Looking at them objectively as a list of eleven tracks there, have the gut feeling all will be played except for Creep - 50/50 on that one.

Going to cross fingers for just the four AMSP songs.
Kid A will get two - can't see TNA getting played.
Then you've got your other likely fixtures - Bloom, Lotus Flower, 15 Step, All I Need, Airbag.
But hopefully The Gloaming is out of the picture!
So, final prediction...

1 Daydreaming
2 Desert Island Disk
3 Ful Stop
4 Airbag
5 All I Need
6 Lucky
7 15 Step
8 Bloom
9 Pyramid Song
10 Myxomatosis
11 There There
12 Everything in Its Right Place
13 The Numbers
14 Weird Fishes
15 Idioteque
16 Exit Music (For a Film)
17 Creep

18 No Surprises
19 Nude
20 Reckoner
21 Bodysnatchers
22 Paranoid Android

23 Lotus Flower
24 Karma Police
25 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

I think Let Down's ship has sailed. Likewise, as much as it pains me, I think FPT is out of the running after Dublin last night. My only logical swap is if Creep doesn't make the cut - I'd likely swap in FPT for it, with Paranoid Android moving to main set closer.

Going for only four tracks from AMSP and six from In Rainbows too. I can't honestly decide if any of them would get shelved for Glasto outside of 15 Step, All I Need and Bodysnatchers. The fact that the other three - Nude, Reckoner, Weird Fishes - were all missing in Dublin makes me feel like they're nailed on.

Feel that there could be more of OKC or an OKNOTOK track too - but already ruled out Let Down in my head. (Glasto would make it three nights on the bounce, seems highly unlikely).

Right, I think that's about it. Will be journeying down today, most likely still haunted by FPT's appearance last night and what it means for Glasto.

Not sure how many of you I'll cross paths with - but from a casual fan to the hardcore, I hope you all have a great time. It's been a pleasure obsessing with you all over the past few months.

Sayonara, and to the Farm!

• Upvote 1