Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

10 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

I hope to god they don't do it. Yeah it's a singalong but they can deliver much better musically. 

I'll be perfectly happy if they drop Creep altogether, they have more than enough big songs without it. Also I was at Primavera and closing with Creep was quite an anti-climax IMO.

They can do better musically, of course, but there's something to be said for their ability to deliver both the really brilliant low-key songs and the massive festival singalongs. No reason we can't have it both ways, it's one track in 20+!

Anti-climactic to close with? Maybe, thats why Karma Police is the actual closer. ;)

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Everyone knows Creep's not their best but you've got to appreciate the value of a massive festival field sing along. It's a special thing. They'll close with an encore of Creep into Karma Police like they were doing a bunch of times last year imo, and it'll be perfect for Glasto.

Think they've opened the second encore with Lotus Flower for a few gigs in a row now, haven't they? If they do a three song encore of that, Fake Plastic Trees and Karma Police then it'll surely be enough of a singalong.

I was really glad they played Creep at Lolla as I'd been hoping to hear it live for a while, but tbh I felt it stuck out a fair bit and I actually didn't think too much of it as a live song. In that slot I'd prefer Fake Plastic Trees this time around. 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

What do we think they'll do pyrotechnics wise? It's very un-Radiohead to have fireworks during a gig but just about every headliner gets them and didn't they have them last time they headlined?

I'm thinking the final solo of Paranoid Android would be a good time to get some fireworks up...

Massive, loud fireworks going off through Daydreaming imo.

• Upvote 1

final setlist prediction 

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. Ful Stop
4. Airbag
5. 15 Step
6. Myxomatosis
7. Lucky
8. Pyramid Song
9. Bloom
10. Everything In Its Right Place
11. Let Down
12. Identikit
13. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi 
14. Idioteque 
15. The Numbers 
16. Exit Music (For A Film)
17. Reckoner 

18. No Surprises 
19. Nude
20. There There
21. Paranoid Android
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

23. Lotus Flower
24. Fake Plastic Trees
25. Karma Police

In my endless tweaking of my setlist prediction I've noticed There There has been more present than I thought and All I Need hasn't been as nailed on as I thought. So I've dropped You and Whose Army? and All I Need for There There and to be able to have both Reckoner and Let Down.

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. Ful Stop
4. Airbag
5. 15 Step
6. Myxomatosis
7. Lucky
8. Pyramid Song
9. Everything in its Right Place
10. Let Down
11. Bloom
12. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
13. Idioteque
14. The Numbers
15. Exit Music (For a Film)
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Reckoner

Encore:
18. No Surprises
19. Nude
20. There There
21. Paranoid Android
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Encore 2:
23. Lotus Flower
24. Fake Plastic Trees
25. Karma Police

16 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

just finished my flag and we leave tonight/tomorrow morning.

See you all there, come say hello if you spot us.  

IMG_1497880999361.jpg

This is one of my favourite things about Radiohead headlining Glasto. Apart from the obvious performance, just the fact my favourite festival will be full of Radiohead flags, people in Radiohead T shirts, Radiohead singalongs etc rather than some average overhyped crappy act is something I've really been looking forward to. Thanks for adding to that! 

Was away with my family over the weekend and my dad took me to one side and said "I know you're seeing Radiohead next week, I saw this online and thought you'd like it."

https://www.redbubble.com/people/tm490/works/25838187-radiohead-in-rainbows?grid_pos=8&p=t-shirt&rbs=a0ca9290-d0e1-44da-a61d-2ea8ebc4819c&ref=shop_grid&style=mens

Fecking sweet!

So close now!

Setlist wise I just want as many big songs as possible so the casuals stay interested.  Personally, looking for There There, 2+2=5, and Bodysnatchers as they are among my favourites, and went down particularly well at the Roundhouse.

And no rain!

12 minutes ago, sime said:

I_ec5dd6_1931874.gif.fe6d9c316e662d453dea2a9da99c3709.gif

I simply adore all Radiohead have done for a number of years now. Having never seen Radiohead, I have nothing to go by to tell whether I'm ready or not. I'm both super ready, but can't quite come to terms with that I'll be seeing them for the first time this week!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

In my endless tweaking of my setlist prediction I've noticed There There has been more present than I thought and All I Need hasn't been as nailed on as I thought. So I've dropped You and Whose Army? and All I Need for There There and to be able to have both Reckoner and Let Down.

1. Daydreaming
2. Desert Island Disk
3. Ful Stop
4. Airbag
5. 15 Step
6. Myxomatosis
7. Lucky
8. Pyramid Song
9. Everything in its Right Place
10. Let Down
11. Bloom
12. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi