Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

sometimes i think radiohead shows (especially at festivals like tonight) would fare better with the exact same songs played, just reshuffled.

for example

1. Separator
  2. Desert Island Disk
  3. Climbing Up The Walls
  4. Pyramid Song
  5. Identikit
  6. Bloom
  7. The Gloaming
  8. The Numbers
  9. Exit Music (For A Film)

exactly the same songs, just in a better order imo

The numbers have fucked up but this would be an awful run in a festival headline set imo.

Being the 20th Anniversary of OK Computer and the box set comes out the same day, they must be planning something pretty heavy OKC based. Maybe the whole album to start, and then on with the rest.

I really hope that's the case. 

9 minutes ago, tweezer said:

Being the 20th Anniversary of OK Computer and the box set comes out the same day, they must be planning something pretty heavy OKC based. Maybe the whole album to start, and then on with the rest.

Some bloke on here has been banging on about that for months.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Some bloke on here has been banging on about that for months.

Yeah fair enough, i've not been on here for years. Just checking in on what people are thinking. 

I seriously think that could happen, given that '97 set when it initially came out being quoted as one of the best gigs ever. 

I'll be happy either way, but that would probably make it the best show i have witnessed. 

3 minutes ago, tweezer said:

Yeah fair enough, i've not been on here for years. Just checking in on what people are thinking. 

I seriously think that could happen, given that '97 set when it initially came out being quoted as one of the best gigs ever. 

I'll be happy either way, but that would probably make it the best show i have witnessed. 

Personally I'd be shocked if that happened, given they've had so many albums since then that the band clearly see as progression from that. Also didn't they say in an interview recently that they wouldn't?

I really want some songs from Kid A, AMSP, In Rainbows though so I wouldn't want an OKC show. Three or four tracks from it would do me. 

The Bends on the other hand ;)

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Personally I'd be shocked if that happened, given they've had so many albums since then that the band clearly see as progression from that. Also didn't they say in an interview recently that they wouldn't?

I really want some songs from Kid A, AMSP, In Rainbows though so I wouldn't what am OKC show. Three or four tracks from it would do me. 

The Bends on the other hand ;)

Yeah i dunno, i'm just speculating. I'm sure they have talked about it. I think it's possible, but the fact they haven't played SHA/Electioneering/Tourist etc on this tour leads me to believe it probably won't happen. Unless they plan the rehearse it on those two days off.

I don't think they are as precious these days. I think they just really enjoy being in Radiohead. They're playing Creep a lot these days. I think it's just fun for them now they don't have anything else to prove. 

11 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I saw them last night and to be frank, they were shite. Finished 25 minutes early, were too quiet and did about 4 big songs. Arcade Fire pissed all over them.

Downvote away.

That's fair enough but there was More than 4 big songs for the rest of us

that encore alone is big hits unless you stopped listening in 1997

IMG_1050.PNG

Edited by OddRon

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I saw them last night and to be frank, they were shite. Finished 25 minutes early, were too quiet and did about 4 big songs. Arcade Fire pissed all over them.

Downvote away.

No need to downvote. General vibe I got from Twitter was a similar condemnation.

Too quiet though, could that have been the BKS soundsystem?

2 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

IF and it's a big one, they chose to play creep, where would we be expecting it in the set? Opener to get it over with or encore? 

I'm hoping their entire tour has been a long troll against Glastonbury and against this thread on this message-board in particular, and that they will open with Creep.

Everyone knows Creep's not their best but you've got to appreciate the value of a massive festival field sing along. It's a special thing. They'll close with an encore of Creep into Karma Police like they were doing a bunch of times last year imo, and it'll be perfect for Glasto.

Creep is needed in the Glasto set in my opinion. Encore, or at the end of the main run of tracks. When that heavy guitar kicks in, it's undeniable that it will get the crowd going.

I think I'm going to have to just tell myself that they're going to play a set as shite as what they did last night (quality encore aside), so its a a bonus if it turns out better. I'm worrying about it far too much at the moment. 

1 hour ago, tweezer said:

Phil in the Rolling Stone interview has categorically said they won't be doing that. There's far too much good stuff on the other albums to do that too IMO, unless they played for 3 hours straight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

No need to downvote. General vibe I got from Twitter was a similar condemnation.

Too quiet though, could that have been the BKS soundsystem?

Nope. Plenty loud enough for RTJ and Arcade Fire. They were quiet at Primavera last year too which was in my top 5 gigs of last year.

6 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Nope. Plenty loud enough for RTJ and Arcade Fire. They were quiet at Primavera last year too which was in my top 5 gigs of last year.

By personal choice then. I had wondered about noise levels - nearly every video of FPT I've seen this year has Thom's solo acoustic parts incredibly near-silent and fragile, before it erupts. Whilst it could work on songs with such crescendos, I can imagine that otherwise it's somewhat disappointing.

Ah, well. One more show before the Farm. I'll be honest, don't think it'll read like a festival setlist tomorrow but what rarer cuts they include can probably be discounted for Friday.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I saw them last night and to be frank, they were shite (3rd time seeing them) Finished 25 minutes early, were too quiet and did about 4 big songs. Arcade Fire pissed all over them.

Downvote away.

I agree they didn't play many heavy tunes and Thom wasn't on top of his game, but still it was a great show. Like many said before, this wasn't a festival set but a true Radiohead gig. I loved hearing Exit Music and Let Down for the first time.

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Everyone knows Creep's not their best but you've got to appreciate the value of a massive festival field sing along. It's a special thing. They'll close with an encore of Creep into Karma Police like they were doing a bunch of times last year imo, and it'll be perfect for Glasto.

I hope to god they don't do it. Yeah it's a singalong but they can deliver much better musically. 

I'll be perfectly happy if they drop Creep altogether, they have more than enough big songs without it. Also I was at Primavera and closing with Creep was quite an anti-climax IMO.

Edited by yaniv297
  • Upvote 1